tecno help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tecno help needed

I thought I'd ask for a practical help about using this site seeing as I am stuck.

For some time now the page of PT that I see on screen is too wide to fit the screen so whenever I want to read a post I have to move the page from left to right and back againbecause the words disappear off the right side of the screen. Not a big problem but one that is increasingly frustrating. It has been this way for several weeks now and is probably because I have altered some settings accidently.

How do I change it back? any help gratefully received.

xris

normally due to screen siz/ resolution.
    right click your desktop
    properties
    settings tab
    and you now have a screen size resolution bar you can adjust. try maybe adjusting it one size at a time.

Comment

Thanks whitt but that doesn't seem to work. The page is definitely smaller and fits on to the screen but it looks weird - all curved and distorted so I have changed it back.

xris

Comment

Xris - are you using Firefox or Internet Explorer? I am using Firefox, and lately I have been having a similar problem (well the scrolling to read the text, not the curved and distorted problem...).
        Lisa

Comment

Is it an old monitor or new?

Comment

xris, has this only been a problem since the site was 'hacked'?

I've had a few minor problems also, but only since this happened a few weeks back.

It also seems to keep me logged off, instead on on, and also I don't get the daily updates?

Comment

Thanks all.

IE used.

Old monitor...yes.

Started a few/months weeks ago...yes. I have no other problems with the site though.

I have a strong feeling that the problem is with the site not my computer. It is as though I have altered a 'view' option and the page is now shown wider which means it does not fit neatly onto my screen as it used to.

xris

Comment

Originally posted by xris View Post
                Thanks all.

IE used.

Old monitor...yes.

Started a few/months weeks ago...yes. I have no other problems with the site though.

I have a strong feeling that the problem is with the site not my computer. It is as though I have altered a 'view' option and the page is now shown wider which means it does not fit neatly onto my screen as it used to.

xris
                Maybe you altered it accidently by bumping into it with your mobility scooter, after too many shandys at a day of bowls??

Comment

Hi, Me too, only since the hacker.

Comment

Firefox, same isue, need to scroll to the right.
                    Don't argue with idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Comment

OK now the geeky talk.

Maybe when IT restored system they made the website to display in pixels rather than as a percentage of width . From memory I have had no luck with using 100% so

Marc can you remember what it was previous? Pixels or Percentage?

Comment

it has started with re-design of the space that (currently) contains "signup" thingy and an add of someone selling skytower
                        Don't argue with idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Comment

No problems

I have had no problems before or after the "hack". Screen Resolution 1280x1024 on an LCD monitor.

Cheers

Comment

I can simulate the fault only if I set resolution to 800x600.

Comment

You can simulate it if you don't have your window maximized and keep decreasing the size of your browser.

I think the page is set up with a fixed pixel size so you'll have to increase your resolution if you see a horizontal scroll bar

Comment

Working...
                              X