Ron Brierley documentary, 9.45pm sat night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Brierley documentary, 9.45pm sat night

There is a 90 minute documentary on Sir Ron Brierley this saturday night at 9.45pm, well worth watching for everyone. This guy is a genius and many of his investing friends like Bob Jones will be on it...a must see I think.

Yes. This would be a must for anyone who has made a few bob on GPG over the years.

Which channel CD?

Comment

What channel?

Comment

Saturday 5th January 2008.
        9:45pm - 11:20pm | TV ONE G
        A documentary about how a lonely boy from Island Bay went on to become Sir Ron Brierley - one of the most powerful men in Australian and New Zealand business - and how his own staff then plotted his downfall.

Yahoo Entertainment is your source for the latest TV, films, music and celebrity news, including interviews, trailers, photos and first looks.

Comment

Yup, the guy is a genius and NZ's Warren Buffet, Bob Jones said he is the smartest person he knows, anyway should be good to watch.

Comment

It was good to watch, but most of the important stuff (well the stuff that was important to me - ie where he got his financial backing from, how he analysed firms, how he chose which firms firms to scrutinise etc) was glossed over or omitted altogether.
            Julian
            Gimme $20k. You will receive some well packaged generic advice that will put you on the road to riches beyond your wildest dreams ...yeah right!

Comment

I thought it was quite clear:
              1. He worked hard and was creative about what he did and saved his money for investment capital.2.He looked for coys which had assets which were undervalued and used his skill to unlock that value or for coys where there was synergy with what he already had.
              Graeme Hart does the same today as does Rons firm GPG. Just read what they are doing with the coy which owns the racecourse.

Comment

Working...
              X