Header Ad Module

Collapse

The Simple Dollar

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Monid
    Philophaster
    • Feb 2004
    • 3062

    #1

    The Simple Dollar

    Over the last few days I have been reading my way through a financial blog called The Simple Dollar, which while much of the concepts are familiar is still a good read, despite the author only now buying his first house. It is an excellent read on general financial literacy. There are two series I especially recommend:
    1. 31 days to fix your finances: http://www.thesimpledollar.com/2007/...nces-a-wrapup/

    Here is a taste on goal & value setting:
    Originally posted by The Simple Dollar
    The underlying challenge that most people have with their finances is that they see money as distinctly separate from the rest of their life. Money is an antagonist, an enemy that keeps you from doing what you want to be doing. The truth is that money is merely a tool, and when you find yourself feeling as though money is an antagonist, it is no different than a person attempting to learn how to use a heavy sword; it’s unwieldy and dangerous.


    The first step for learning how to integrate money into your life and use it successfully as a tool is to figure out what exactly you wish to build with that tool. Without underlying values, goals, and plans, money is no different than swinging a hammer around without building something. Thus, this first stage is crucial: what exactly is most important to you, and what will it take to adequately support those values?

    2. the Road to Financial Armageddon: http://www.thesimpledollar.com/2006/...iest-mistakes/

    Here is a taste:
    Originally posted by The Simple Dollar
    It took me a long time to summon the courage to admit that it was my own mistakes that led me to financial armageddon. It required me to admit that not only had I been making mistakes since my earliest days, but also to admit that many of the ideas I had learned in my life and built through my own experiences were completely wrong.
    Anyway it has been a good read so I thought I would share

    Cheers
    David
    New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

Working...