Hi all!
Could anyone help me to clarify this:
Apparently banks calculate DSR in the following way:
Step 1. Combine ALL mortgages
Step 2. Calculate yearly payments on 9.55% P&I
Step 3. Substract (yearly rents less 25%)
Step 4. Divide result by annual income=DSR (debt service ratio)
Is this correct?
I have 3 questions:
1. What DSR is considered to be acceptable by 1st tier banks? (30-33% i think)
2. If you rent you are in better position, right? (there's no rent to cover it)
3. Quick calculation shows that if you want property to "stand on it's own" with 1st-tier lenders it should yield... 12%!!!!! wow.
Could anyone help me to clarify this:
Apparently banks calculate DSR in the following way:
Step 1. Combine ALL mortgages
Step 2. Calculate yearly payments on 9.55% P&I
Step 3. Substract (yearly rents less 25%)
Step 4. Divide result by annual income=DSR (debt service ratio)
Is this correct?
I have 3 questions:
1. What DSR is considered to be acceptable by 1st tier banks? (30-33% i think)
2. If you rent you are in better position, right? (there's no rent to cover it)
3. Quick calculation shows that if you want property to "stand on it's own" with 1st-tier lenders it should yield... 12%!!!!! wow.


Comment