Header Ad Module

Collapse

Accountant + Lawyer recommendations?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • mattcamp

    #1

    Accountant + Lawyer recommendations?

    Hi,

    As a newbie property investor yet to make my first purchase, I am in the market for a good accountant and lawyer.

    Mike Pero recommended one of each to me, but having read all the horror stories on here (nothing directly related to those that MP recommended mind you) I am a little wary and figured I would ask if anyone actually had any GOOD experiences and could recommend me any particular firms.

    How much SHOULD I be paying for LAQC formation, yearly returns, and the legal duties around purchasing a PI?
  • muppet
    Banned
    • Sep 2003
    • 10593

    #2
    Hi Mattcamp

    You can register your own LAQC online at http.www.companies.govt.nz

    Regards

    Comment

    • toby
      Addicted
      • Jan 2005
      • 529

      #3
      So far as an Accountant, I'd suggest you contact Garth Melville from company solutions. He acts for a large number of top performers ALL OVER NZ.
      There may be a link somewhere on this site.
      I have met him a number of times and he has one of the best reputations in the investment world.

      Comment

      • tjthorne
        Freshie
        • Feb 2005
        • 25

        #4
        Hi Mattcamp,

        Setting up an LAQC should cost not more than $200, you can do it yourself at the companies office for $60. Annual accounts and tax returns are usually around $800 + GST. I work as an accountant from home doing financial accounts and tax returns for $400 incl GST per year seeing my costs are a lot lower.

        Tony

        www.thorneaccounting.co.nz

        Comment

        Working...