Hi Peoples,
I have a number of properties that have the opportunity to add another room.
To add the other room, I intend to remove the tenant (as they are paying for a 2 bed), add the room, and then put it back up for rental as a 3 bed. I don't think it likely (or reasonable) that the current tenant would appreciate a rental hike for an extra room, builders dust and disruption that they didn't request!!
If, during the renovation I was to live in the house, would the cost of materials etc be tax deductable??
I would only be in the property for the time it took to make the reno, and not draw it out unnecessarily. i.e, the house would be availabe for rent 'continously', and would never become my PPOR.
What are the issues to consider?
The Dog
I have a number of properties that have the opportunity to add another room.
To add the other room, I intend to remove the tenant (as they are paying for a 2 bed), add the room, and then put it back up for rental as a 3 bed. I don't think it likely (or reasonable) that the current tenant would appreciate a rental hike for an extra room, builders dust and disruption that they didn't request!!
If, during the renovation I was to live in the house, would the cost of materials etc be tax deductable??
I would only be in the property for the time it took to make the reno, and not draw it out unnecessarily. i.e, the house would be availabe for rent 'continously', and would never become my PPOR.
What are the issues to consider?
The Dog


Comment