Header Ad Module

Collapse

Bank calling to refix

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Learning
    Fanatical
    • Jan 2012
    • 1142

    #1

    Bank calling to refix

    I have a mortgage coming off its fixed rate in 2 months time and today I got a call from the bank wanting to know if I want to refix. They never called me to refix early 3 years ago when rates were on their way up. Now when every economist predicts a drop in rates in the near future they want me to fix early. Coincidence?
  • The_Dog
    Addicted
    • Jan 2004
    • 601

    #2
    No, I don't think it's a coincidence.

    My bank contacts me each and every time a a loan comes off fix.

    Perhaps your bank has a new starter that is still fresh and keen, not yet had the enthusiasm beaten out of them :0

    Comment

    • PTILoveYou
      Fanatical
      • Sep 2013
      • 3867

      #3
      Must be Westpac huh? They have stepped up their customer relations and client retention in the past few months.

      Comment

      • Nick G
        Fanatical
        • Jul 2014
        • 2544

        #4
        Ask them what their best rate is and tell them you know of someone getting 4.75 over 5 years so you've been looking. Bet they match or come close to it and do a cashback too.
        Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

        Comment

        • jimO
          Fanatical
          • Sep 2011
          • 1763

          #5
          Originally posted by Gary Lin View Post
          Must be Westpac huh? They have stepped up their customer relations and client retention in the past few months.
          hmmm i spent 40mins waiting to talk to someone from arsepack on the phone yesterday

          Comment

          • north shore
            Forum Junkie
            • Nov 2007
            • 398

            #6
            Lol Gary, they need to, when I enquired about break fee's on $400,000 last year and what the best deal they could offer me, the person I spoke to suggested moving to another bank!!
            My tenant who works in a different part of Westpac was horrified.

            Comment

            • BigDreamer
              Fanatical
              • Aug 2009
              • 1080

              #7
              I despise Westpac.

              I hate myself more for refincing 3 investments with them early last year. I should have learned my lesson the first time I dealt with them about 4 years ago.
              www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
              # Property Management
              # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

              Comment

              • MichaelKarabassis
                Freshie
                • Jan 2016
                • 31

                #8
                This is why you use a mortgage adviser!!
                I call all my customers a month out to organise it for them, and if they aren't happy with their current bank then we show them what the other banks will offer.

                But to be fair to you guys I have been hearing a lot of noise coming out of Westpac clients, its just a shame because the have some great home loan and Airpoints products.

                Michael Karabassis
                Mortgage & Risk Adviser
                Michael Karabassis RFA
                Mortgage & Risk Adviser
                Bass Partners Ltd

                Comment

                • BigDreamer
                  Fanatical
                  • Aug 2009
                  • 1080

                  #9
                  Actually, it was my broker who recommended Westpac when I refinanced early last year. I should never have listened to them.

                  Would brokers help with loan refixing or just new loans?

                  From my understanding, brokers only help with new loans not refixes. It's the dealing with Westpac as an existing customer that is the most frustrating .
                  www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
                  # Property Management
                  # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

                  Comment

                  • BigDreamer
                    Fanatical
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 1080

                    #10
                    Thank you Michael. I will definitely consider it.

                    After you sure you will be paid for refixing a loan I obtained through a different broker? I wouldn't feel right asking you if you are not paid anything from the bank.
                    www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
                    # Property Management
                    # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

                    Comment

                    • ivanp
                      Addicted
                      • Aug 2014
                      • 722

                      #11
                      Originally posted by BigDreamer View Post
                      Would brokers help with loan refixing or just new loans?

                      From my understanding, brokers only help with new loans not refixes. It's the dealing with Westpac as an existing customer that is the most frustrating .
                      I have just refixed a loan with Westpac via my broker: they managed to get better rates (4.29% for 1 and 2 years), than bank manager was willing to give me.

                      Comment

                      • MichaelKarabassis
                        Freshie
                        • Jan 2016
                        • 31

                        #12
                        Yep, most important thing to note is don't worry about me, I am happy to help regardless of me getting paid.
                        I would hate to see any client or contact of mine be shafted by a bank or broker!

                        Michael Karabassis
                        Mortgage Adviser
                        Michael Karabassis RFA
                        Mortgage & Risk Adviser
                        Bass Partners Ltd

                        Comment

                        • Judge
                          Forum Junkie
                          • Oct 2007
                          • 432

                          #13
                          Originally posted by MichaelKarabassis View Post
                          This is why you use a mortgage adviser!!
                          I call all my customers a month out to organise it for them, and if they aren't happy with their current bank then we show them what the other banks will offer.

                          But to be fair to you guys I have been hearing a lot of noise coming out of Westpac clients, its just a shame because the have some great home loan and Airpoints products.

                          Michael Karabassis
                          Mortgage & Risk Adviser
                          And they pay very high commissions to brokers...

                          Comment

                          • AlFa
                            Forum Junkie
                            • Oct 2015
                            • 499

                            #14
                            Originally posted by ivanp View Post
                            I have just refixed a loan with Westpac via my broker: they managed to get better rates (4.29% for 1 and 2 years), than bank manager was willing to give me.
                            Probably case by case thing - I've got rates directly from bank and just in case asked broker if he can do better - he told me to go with bank offer

                            Comment

                            • MichaelKarabassis
                              Freshie
                              • Jan 2016
                              • 31

                              #15
                              Originally posted by Judge View Post
                              And they pay very high commissions to brokers...
                              Westpac pay the one of the lowest commissions of all the banks, I would be interested to know what you think very high commissions is!
                              Michael Karabassis RFA
                              Mortgage & Risk Adviser
                              Bass Partners Ltd

                              Comment

                              Working...