Header Ad Module

Collapse

Loans for 500k

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Frezzinghot
    Fanatical
    • Jan 2014
    • 4549

    #1

    Loans for 500k

    Hi,

    I am looking at rates at a 500k loan on a home & income property I have under contract and was wondering the best way in which to split the loans between 3 and 5 years rates.

    My thoughts are to split them evenly over the 3, 4 & 5 year rates at $166k per term, current rates I have from ASB is

    3 year 5.25%
    4 Year 5.39%
    5 year 5.39%

    The reason I have for splitting them evenly is I don't want a large chunk coming off in 5 years should the rate be a lot higher than now. Have also managed to get a cash incentive of 4k (is this in line with other cash incentives)

    Any advice is much appreciated.

    FH
    Last edited by Frezzinghot; 06-05-2015, 05:59 PM.
    "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".
  • Rosco
    Fanatical
    • May 2007
    • 3710

    #2
    Do you have other loans?

    If so I'd look at your whole portfolio, and try to spread the whole thing. ie for example, if you only had another $500k that was all 3 years to go, then you might go some long term, some 4 and 5, but no more 3 as you already have lots.

    Ross
    Book a free chat here
    Ross Barnett - Property Accountant

    Comment

    • Frezzinghot
      Fanatical
      • Jan 2014
      • 4549

      #3
      Thanks Ross, had not thought about that, but makes perfect sense to consider when the other loans expire also, I have 2 other loans with various expiry dates so will have to look closely at these to see how I can adjust the terms for each.

      Thanks
      FH.
      "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

      Comment

      Working...