Please excuse my ignorance but was helping for help with the following:
I buy an Investment property worth $165,000 which gets $285PW thus making it close to a 9% yield and cash flow positive.
Fixed costs associated will be:
Rates 1500 year
Insurance 1200 year
Accountant Fees 1000 year
My question is
1/ Will I pay tax on any income over and above costs? e.g if there's a 1k surplus after maintenance and other cost's will I get taxed on this, guessing so?
2/ Would I be likely to get tax back at end of year or be paying a small amount?
Many thanks for any help.
I buy an Investment property worth $165,000 which gets $285PW thus making it close to a 9% yield and cash flow positive.
Fixed costs associated will be:
Rates 1500 year
Insurance 1200 year
Accountant Fees 1000 year
My question is
1/ Will I pay tax on any income over and above costs? e.g if there's a 1k surplus after maintenance and other cost's will I get taxed on this, guessing so?
2/ Would I be likely to get tax back at end of year or be paying a small amount?
Many thanks for any help.


Comment