Over seas invested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over seas invested

I would like to buy property but have been told by westpac I need 30; deposit because I work in Aust can I get fiancé(finance) from another bank.
    Last edited by muppet; 16-09-2012, 12:17 AM. Reason: spelling

Yes.

Cheers
    Spaceman

Comment

You can get a fiancé from any bank you like, as long as they are a willing partner. I don't know your gender, so not sure whether to suggest the usually-female front-office staff, or the usually-male back-office crowd, however if this Govt bill gets through a few more readings that will matter not.

Comment

A bank is a rather dull place to get a fiancé - have you tried bars and discoteques?

findsomeone.com could yield some interesting results?

Comment

Not sure what you mean but for me I need 30 percent deposit to buy property or Kiwibank are 20 percent but 5 would be better. Has anyone had the same problem?

Comment

Hi TeHoro, I'm assuming you live in Australia. In some circumstances you may get away with 10% deposit if your financial situation is strong. Even then you will pay a low equity fee. 5% deposit while living and working in Oz is unlikely to work (at the moment).
            Craig PopeCraig Pope Mortgages & Insurance
            www.craigpope.co.nz

Comment

I just got approved by national for a 20% deposit on a 600k purchase just last week.
              It's an investment property.
              asb wanted 30% but mortgage broker shopped it around.
              I own 3 and have been overseas for all of them. Only the first one did I have to pay 30%

O

Comment

Even 20 percent sucks that's what I got at kiwi bank because I would like to spend more.

Comment

You say your earnings as a truckie have gone from 65k in NZ to 180k in Aus.
                  The fact that you have to put an extra 10-15% equity into an IP is not such a downside in comparison.
                  I wouldn't be too upset if I were you.

Comment

Working...
                  X