Okay this is a bit of a question for both accountants and mortgage brokers.
I have a GST Reg Trading Trust and a Rental Trust.
If I buy a house in the Trading Trust and sell it to the Rental Trust in 6 months time how do these 2 things work:
1. How can I set sale price correctly and not pay too much GST - is there a protocol I have to follow and how does it affect me if I do have to sell it at a profit.
2. Since banks generally view lending to the individuals and sort of see through trusts - can I finance from my Rental Trust the property purchase using a RV and not use the S&P because as far as they are concerned I have had the property for 6 months.
I am working on a way to buy property in the Trading Trust and have a go at selling it and making a good profit and paying tax, and if I dont make a premium profit, then moving it on to my Rental Portfolio.
But I dont want it to cause a problem for my Rental Trust.
I have a GST Reg Trading Trust and a Rental Trust.
If I buy a house in the Trading Trust and sell it to the Rental Trust in 6 months time how do these 2 things work:
1. How can I set sale price correctly and not pay too much GST - is there a protocol I have to follow and how does it affect me if I do have to sell it at a profit.
2. Since banks generally view lending to the individuals and sort of see through trusts - can I finance from my Rental Trust the property purchase using a RV and not use the S&P because as far as they are concerned I have had the property for 6 months.
I am working on a way to buy property in the Trading Trust and have a go at selling it and making a good profit and paying tax, and if I dont make a premium profit, then moving it on to my Rental Portfolio.
But I dont want it to cause a problem for my Rental Trust.


Comment