No announcement yet.

Interest Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know BNZ dropped its sales targets and I think it was happening across the board - but I also think it cut all their bonuses so now they are unhappy about pay or something like that. The call centre staff can be annoying esp when they call back with a survey on your experience and try and up sell you. How about they focus on developing a point of contact for their clients and work on a bit of customer service. I found it really useful when I had an actual person at the bank I could flick an email to get update a pre approval / deal with fixes / insurance etc

Comment

• Refixed two loans 550k total with Kiwibank, 4.29% for 1 year.

They offered 4.49% for 6 months too.

I requested the quotes online via 'Dan' message system. I did tell them that ANZ and BNZ 'offered' me 4.3% for 1 year. Perhaps I should have gone to 4.25% lol.
      Last edited by PTILoveYou; 14-10-2015, 01:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigDreamer View Post
        Not all banks work with mortgage brokers. From memory, BNZ does not work with mortgage brokers.
        Not true, they have a panel of 100 at present and looking to expand, Kiwibank also using Brokers for distribution.
        www.ilender.co.nz
        Financial Paramedics

Comment

• Who would you guys recommend as the best broker in the Auckland area?

I have got my mortgages which are stuck between 5.65 - 5.95 for 2 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by webhostienz View Post
            Who would you guys recommend as the best broker in the Auckland area?

I have got my mortgages which are stuck between 5.65 - 5.95 for 2 years.
            Not allowed to self promote.......just type 'ilender' into Trademe and read the reviews........
            www.ilender.co.nz
            Financial Paramedics

Comment

• Can I just state here that Davo was right and I was wrong about Interest rates

Comment

• Originally posted by brokerman View Post
                Not true, they have a panel of 100 at present and looking to expand, Kiwibank also using Brokers for distribution.
                Aha - good to know. Does that mean BNZ only works with certain mortgage brokers?
                www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
                # Property Management
                # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

Comment

• I have a fixed term loan with ANZ maturing in the next few days - $156K at 5.76%.

As the next OCR is 29th October, I'm considering floating at least until then.

ANZ have offered this at 5.04%

Comment

• From interest.co.nz today:
                    WESTPAC GROUP RAISING EQUITY, HIKING MORTGAGE RATES
                    Westpac Banking Corporation has unveiled plans to raise A$3.5 billion of equity through a share rights issue. The bank says this will add about 100 basis points to its common equity tier one capital ration, putting this above 14% and in the top quartile of banks globally. Westpac also says it'll hike its owner occupied variable mortgage rates and residential property investor loans rates by 20 basis points from November 20. It says this is due to changes in mortgage risk weight regulatory requirements that will increase the amount of capital required to be held against mortgages by more than 50% from next July.

Westpac. Enough said. Always first to raise rates, always last to pass on rate cut. New prudential requirements but Westpac already raises its rates in November this year. Why would any investor (or owner occupier for that matter) still be with Westpac? Puzzles me.....

Clarification on further inquiry outside of interest.co.nz it appears the rate increase is only relevant in AU, but the point remains valid, the rate is being increased 7 months before the extra allocation of capital comes into effect.
                    Last edited by Judge; 14-10-2015, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• If it wasnt for avoiding the one bank trap, i would have ditched westpac long ago!

Comment

• Wow I wish I could get deals like that. I just fixed 150k at 4.35 1yr, 100k at 4.49 2yrs, 85k Flexi at 5.8 all split up on my ppor - 1 month ago. I thought this was good. Today I put 207k on 5.8 floating for a reno/trade. ANZ wouldn't go any better. I am about to confirm on another 130k for a buy and hold. All with ANZ. I just assumed they would be looking after me and wanting to keep me - I also do all my business banking with them. After reading this I will be at least expecting a better deal on the stuf I can change!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Lin View Post
                          If it wasnt for avoiding the one bank trap, i would have ditched westpac long ago!
                          Question..

Do you have to have all your lending with one bank in order to have an LTC?

Thanks

O

Comment

• Originally posted by EdSkin View Post
                            I just assumed they would be looking after me and wanting to keep me - I also do all my business banking with them. After reading this I will be at least expecting a better deal on the stuf I can change!
                            A significant amount of a banks profit is generated by this assumption.

Comment

• Big mistake EdSkin. In this environment where rates change everyday you have to shop around all the time. Banks will drop their pants if they know they can loose your business but they will not pro actively offer good deals of they know you are not going anywhere in a hurry. The saying Treat them mean and keep them keen comes to mind. At the moment the Borrowers have the power. You just need to use it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge View Post
                                Westpac. Enough said. Always first to raise rates, always last to pass on rate cut. New prudential requirements but Westpac already raises its rates in November this year. Why would any investor (or owner occupier for that matter) still be with Westpac? Puzzles me.....
                                Because some of us own a number of properties with large debt and need to diversify.

I agree with Gary, I despise Westpac but already have my portfolio split with three banks. I am just happy my loan amount with Westpac is relatively small and I will keep it that way.
                                www.PropertyMinder.co.nz
                                # Property Management
                                # Ad Hoc Tenancy Services / Rental Inspections / Terminations and Notices

Comment

Working...
                                X