No announcement yet.

Anyone got loans with Kiwibank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the moment unless going direct you can only go through NZ Home Loans, and a few Roost offices - Kiwibank are not open to other broker channels at this stage.
    I have a strong connection with NZHL so could put you onto someone there. Roost connection is still on trial but could find out which specific branches are part of that trial if you need.

Comment

A broker at Mortgagelink

got me a loan for a couple of properties a few weeks ago at Kiwibank

Comment

And AMP Advisers MoatMaster.

Comment

Woops they have had their head down for a while so completely forgot them

Comment

I have access to Kiwi Bank through AMP, but bear in mind that AMP and NZ Home Loans offer different interest rates then the Kiwi bank rates. If its rates you are after I have been getting some great ones from Westpac Bank lately. Let me know what terms you are after, 6months I can probably get 5.24%, 1 year 5.39% and 2 years 6.09%, (not through Kiwi Bank unfortunatly).
            Hamish Patel | ph: 09 625 4693 | mob: 021 625 693
            My Website
            Be informed - register for our free monthly newsletter

Comment

That's good MB seeing that Westpac's advertised rates are:
              6 mths 5.39%
              1 yr 5.49%
              2 yrs 6.25%
              "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

[QUOTE=mortgage broker;185141. Let me know what terms you are after, 6months I can probably get 5.24%, 1 year 5.39% and 2 years 6.09%, (not through Kiwi Bank unfortunatly).[/QUOTE]

5.24% is great! Just about to fix for 5.5 with Sov...PM me?
                Jo Birch
                Looking for someone to manage your next project or event? Then call now!
                +61 450 148 678

Comment

Originally posted by mortgage broker View Post
                  6months I can probably get 5.24%, 1 year 5.39% and 2 years 6.09%, (not through Kiwi Bank unfortunatly).
                  5.24 is great. PM me?
                  Jo Birch
                  Looking for someone to manage your next project or event? Then call now!
                  +61 450 148 678

Comment

We joined Kiwibank on their launch...found not so good customer loan..We on Invalids Benifit and when we applied for home loan of $40,000...we had $30,000 to put up a deposit..but they were only prepared to give is $38,000...we felt their was a bit of discrimination...certainly not the family bank????????
                    SBS Banking were prepared to give us double the amount which we now have morgage

Comment

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by drelly
                      I would like to shift to Kiwibank simply because it is a NZ bank but I've always thought the concept of running a post office and a bank across the same counter was doomed to be a customer service tragedy.

we have a business account with kiwi bank (not my choice but in the spirit of supporting all things kiwi..we decided to go with them)... wish i could travel back in time....

they are so limited with their service that we had to change things/ give up on things to make things work....terrible terrible......

Comment

Taking out another $650k loan with kiwibank at the moment. Seems like it will happen.Only allow interest only for 1 year though..

Comment

You have to remember what the Kiwibank business plan is:

They are chasing the simple but low value customers that the other banks can't be bothered to focus on.

They are saving money by leveraging the post office branch network, and not having too many highly paid managers to handle the odd complex query.

So, if you're needs are simple, the service is likely to be good enough, and great value. If you have a complex query, you join the queue to speak to one of the limited number of managers who can help, so the service can feel a bit rustic

I have all our on-call savings in cash with Kiwibank because:
                          1. The rate is slightly better
                          2. Kiwibank are owned by NZ Post, which is owned by the NZ government, with means it's fairly insulated from (very unlikely but possible) meltdown in Aussie, and means they would probably be the last bank to fold in the event of total Armageddon. My theory is that if Kiwibank fold, then the NZ governance has essentially folded too, and my problems would be more along the lines of feeding myself and not getting killed in the streets by armed gangs.

During the worst of the "Global Financial Crisis" I was quite please to have my ready cash stored with Kiwibank

Comment

I have been a customer with KB for several years (home loan only) and have not had trouble with the service despite a couple of restructures of the borrowing. I mainly use internet banking and so have not had to worry about face to face customer service at the post office, although when I have gone in to make cheque deposits I've been pleased that I only had to swipe my cashflow card and not fill in a deposit form. A few times I've called their call centre. Their email response via internet banking is quick and efficient. No complaints and I like the low rates.

Comment

I agree with Robin. If you have simple needs that fit with their "plan" then they're OK but anything out of the ordinary you are going to have problems.

Comment

Secured at new mortageg for 600k odd. 100% interest only. No deposit. Used other property as sercurity

Comment

Working...
                                X