I own a flat in Wellington. My tenants in a few occasion had noisy
parties that upsetted the neighbours. I was informed in August 2008 that
I was going to be charged for damages and time spent by the property
manager.
I cooperated from the start giving 10 days notice to my tenants and not
renewing their contract: in the meantime I asked several times for
details of the charges and proof in order to re-charge those costs to my
tenants. No reply from BC: at the end I was forced to apply to the
tenancy tribunal, and at last the charges appears.
With the occasion BC charged also costs related to previous tenants that
had already left 4 months earlier. I had to negotiate at tenancy
tribunal with tenants.
I applied to dispute tribunal for the damages caused to myself and to dispute their invoices: Dispute tribunal rejected my application, the lady there was asking advice to the property manager on the unit titles act, as it seems BC have all the rights and the landlord none.
Now they want to charge me also $1500 for legal
fee, as first they issue the invoices, than ask legal advice to see if they can issue them....
I will have now to appeal also to avoid the legal expenses...
Any advice? Can the BC charge me for legal expenses?
The landlord has not rights under Unit Titles Act?? It seems a bullying BC can charge whatever they want: they charge me to provide me for an invoice...
Thanks
parties that upsetted the neighbours. I was informed in August 2008 that
I was going to be charged for damages and time spent by the property
manager.
I cooperated from the start giving 10 days notice to my tenants and not
renewing their contract: in the meantime I asked several times for
details of the charges and proof in order to re-charge those costs to my
tenants. No reply from BC: at the end I was forced to apply to the
tenancy tribunal, and at last the charges appears.
With the occasion BC charged also costs related to previous tenants that
had already left 4 months earlier. I had to negotiate at tenancy
tribunal with tenants.
I applied to dispute tribunal for the damages caused to myself and to dispute their invoices: Dispute tribunal rejected my application, the lady there was asking advice to the property manager on the unit titles act, as it seems BC have all the rights and the landlord none.
Now they want to charge me also $1500 for legal
fee, as first they issue the invoices, than ask legal advice to see if they can issue them....
I will have now to appeal also to avoid the legal expenses...
Any advice? Can the BC charge me for legal expenses?
The landlord has not rights under Unit Titles Act?? It seems a bullying BC can charge whatever they want: they charge me to provide me for an invoice...
Thanks


Comment