Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commercial ground lease calculations

Hi Everyone,

We've been approached about leasing a bare portion of our commercial land for a removable show home to be housed on for a 6 year term.

While I can happily calculate the lease rate for the other permanent buildings on the site, I'm not up to speed on methods to calculate the ground lease.

The majority of advice I've received from colleagues, is to simply use a fair rate of return on the value of the property they occupy. So based on advice, 7%-10% annually of the market value of the land occupied, with the tenant responsible for opex.

Thoughts most appreciated.

Originally posted by Bradley View Post
    Hi Everyone,

We've been approached about leasing a bare portion of our commercial land for a removable show home to be housed on for a 6 year term.

While I can happily calculate the lease rate for the other permanent buildings on the site, I'm not up to speed on methods to calculate the ground lease.

The majority of advice I've received from colleagues, is to simply use a fair rate of return on the value of the property they occupy. So based on advice, 7%-10% annually of the market value of the land occupied, with the tenant responsible for opex.

Thoughts most appreciated.
    5.12% of the land value plus rates
    For Wellington Cbd Auckland 4.8%
    Last edited by Beano; 02-05-2017, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Thanks very much for that info Beano. The rate is much less than my colleagues have suggested, but perhaps they are somewhat overcharging!

Comment

I should be able to update you later this month on two more lessors interest
        Henderson 75yr 1 ror terminating
        Elleslie perpetually renewable (if they sell)

Comment

How do you find out about these Beano?
          Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
            How do you find out about these Beano?
            I just get contacted by agents
            Henderson CBRE expression of interest
            Elleslie Bayley tender

Comment

Working...
            X