My new thread disappeared!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new thread disappeared!

Hi all, today I posted a new thread that was titled "trading without tainting?" and it never appeared on the site. D'you think it's something I did (i.e. pressed wrong button etc.), or is this something that can happen if the moderators read the posts before they go up on site? My posting was not at all controversial, rude or otherwise ugly - just a sincere question to the experts.
    Cheers
    Mary
    Mary Jaksch, Nelson

Hi Mary,

What forum did you post your thread in?

We do not screen posts prior to them becoming public, so I can oly imagine something has happened during the submitting of the thread.

Cheers,
    Marcus.
    PT Super Moderator

Comment

I've had a posting deleted by a moderator and received a PM from the moderator telling me why they had done it. I think the PM only came the next day though.

It was because I was responding to a post which had been deleted, not anything I had done!

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus
        Hi Mary,

What forum did you post your thread in?
        It was the property investment site.
        Mary Jaksch, Nelson

Comment

I resent it

In the end I resent it!
          Mary Jaksch, Nelson

Comment

I mean re-sent!

Originally posted by MaryJ
            In the end I resent it!
            Oops - spelling...
            I am not resentful- I simply re-sent the post!
            Mary Jaksch, Nelson

Comment

Mary,

I don't think your post has been moderated in any way. I have checked all avenues and there is no evidence of moderation.

I am guessing there has been a problem (not sure who's ) when you submitted the thread.

Originally posted by graemeh
              I've had a posting deleted by a moderator and received a PM from the moderator telling me why they had done it. I think the PM only came the next day though.

It was because I was responding to a post which had been deleted, not anything I had done!
              Hi Graeme,
              We do our best to keep members in the loop when moderation takes place.
              If ever in doubt, feel free to contact any one of us via PM.

Cheers,
              Marcus.

Comment

This can occur if you are writing a long message or take awhile to do so/ timesout.
                When you press send it vanishes.
                I think they may have changed some settings awhile back as I have not had it happen for awhile.
                Anyhow some forumites write long messages in word then copy, paste to PT or just copy before they send it. That way if all goes wrong you simply paste it in.

Comment

Originally posted by Marcus
                  Hi Graeme,
                  We do our best to keep members in the loop when moderation takes place.
                  If ever in doubt, feel free to contact any one of us via PM.
                  Thanks Marcus, I was kept "in the loop", which was good because until I got the PM I thought I was going crazy

Comment

Working...
                  X