Have asked a couple of people on the forum about this problem privately and I appreciate their advice.
My partner has been contacted this week by Baycorp re: a $3000 credit card debt that goes back 4 years before we went overseas. We haven't got the details yet but we are assuming it is mainly made up in penalty fees and interest. She thought the account had been closed before we left 4 years ago. We have been back for 18mths and not heard anything about it.
Anyway worst case scenario if the debt is real and it has gone to Baycorp, does this definitely mean our credit history is screwed for 5 years?
More importantly, if it is screwed, what property investing strategies can I focus on to create wealth over those 5 years? Property finding? SLO's?
I have only 1 more property I can buy with my current bank before they class me as commercial so I was looking at changing banks soon as well.
If our credit is shot we will try and negotiate with the bank to get it restored if we pay the debt in full straight away but only after we are certain that we are totally liable. She is a director for both our LAQC and corporate trustee company.
Any brainwaves would be great!! There must be some ways around this.
Cheers,
Geoff


Comment