I have just purchased a property at a 25% discount to FMV & QV valuation on a 440K property. Other similar properties are trading at the 440K in the area and without a shadow of doubt this was a great purchase. This was a private sale and after some reno work will easily value up to the 500k mark. Both the broker and the solicitor have commented on what a great price this was … yadda yadda yadda
Here’s my dilemma - I was expecting the bank/ mortgage broker to provide finance on the basis of FMV & QV valuation and a registered valuation. I.e. 80% finance of the assets real value as apposed to the S&P price. Obviously this would have allowed me to gear up quickly into a few more properties with the immediate equity gain.
The broker has suggested that the bank will only provide finance to 80% of the S&P
agreement and in his words “the property has been exposed to the market and that the S&P is the value the market has placed on the property”. This is despite the fact, it is very obviously to anyone from novice to expert that the S&P is way under FMV backed up by QV reports, recent market sales , RV etc etc . In fact the S&P is almost the same as latest GV which is over 2 years old. Of course, if I had purchased this property at 10 bucks - would this mean that the bank realistically believe that the property is worth 10 bucks?
Broker has stated that bank wont refinance for another 12 months after settlement date which is in a few weeks time.
What I would like to know, is from all you sharp cookies out there. How do I gain immediate access to the equity gain? Is there a way? should I dump the broker?
have I got the hump about nothing?
I don’t really want to wait 12 months to refinance. What if another bargain comes through the door and lands on my lap tomorrow? I am probably just moaning about nought but hey, in my eyes I want access to my equity.
Here’s my dilemma - I was expecting the bank/ mortgage broker to provide finance on the basis of FMV & QV valuation and a registered valuation. I.e. 80% finance of the assets real value as apposed to the S&P price. Obviously this would have allowed me to gear up quickly into a few more properties with the immediate equity gain.
The broker has suggested that the bank will only provide finance to 80% of the S&P
agreement and in his words “the property has been exposed to the market and that the S&P is the value the market has placed on the property”. This is despite the fact, it is very obviously to anyone from novice to expert that the S&P is way under FMV backed up by QV reports, recent market sales , RV etc etc . In fact the S&P is almost the same as latest GV which is over 2 years old. Of course, if I had purchased this property at 10 bucks - would this mean that the bank realistically believe that the property is worth 10 bucks?
Broker has stated that bank wont refinance for another 12 months after settlement date which is in a few weeks time.
What I would like to know, is from all you sharp cookies out there. How do I gain immediate access to the equity gain? Is there a way? should I dump the broker?
I don’t really want to wait 12 months to refinance. What if another bargain comes through the door and lands on my lap tomorrow? I am probably just moaning about nought but hey, in my eyes I want access to my equity.


and stop jumping up and down and wait for three months… I don’t see why I should though, when the equity is there ready and waiting for a deal to be done. It’s just not recognised by the bank yet. If the bank can recognise its true value 3 months from now why can’t it recognise it today?
Comment