Hello,
As a newbie to PT I thought it would be polite to introduce myself and give some background on my position. I have attended richmasterys property academy and read extensively on PIing. The most useful resource I have discovered to date however, is this website. It continues to amaze me the generosity with which the experienced investors give up their time and knowledge.
I am based in Chch, am 24yrs old and as yet have no IP’s. I have no deposit but am able to borrow equity from my dad’s house to get into my first IP. I have an income that is around 6 figures and have just finished paying off all my consumer debt (except student loan!!!!) and am now ready to start investing.
My intended strategy is to buy long term buy and holds that are cash flow positive. Being risk averse (adverse?), I intend on using P&I loans and paying down the mortgages until they are freehold, then retiring on the income- as quickly as possible (easy in theory anyway).
Could you please give me some feedback on this as a strategy to use?
Also, should I buy a home to live in first or wait until I have one or several properties?
Should I repay the mortgage on one IP before buying another one, or buy up as many as my DSR will allow and then start paying them off one at a time?
Is it better to leave the deposit in each property and come up with a new one for the next property (through QCDs/saving) or value up (buying under valuation) and recycle the deposit this way?
If unable to find CF tve properties should I consider paying a larger deposit on a negatively geared property to make it tve CF.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as most of you I’m sure know the confusion facing a newbie trying to get started!
Thanks in advance
Karter
As a newbie to PT I thought it would be polite to introduce myself and give some background on my position. I have attended richmasterys property academy and read extensively on PIing. The most useful resource I have discovered to date however, is this website. It continues to amaze me the generosity with which the experienced investors give up their time and knowledge.
I am based in Chch, am 24yrs old and as yet have no IP’s. I have no deposit but am able to borrow equity from my dad’s house to get into my first IP. I have an income that is around 6 figures and have just finished paying off all my consumer debt (except student loan!!!!) and am now ready to start investing.
My intended strategy is to buy long term buy and holds that are cash flow positive. Being risk averse (adverse?), I intend on using P&I loans and paying down the mortgages until they are freehold, then retiring on the income- as quickly as possible (easy in theory anyway).
Could you please give me some feedback on this as a strategy to use?
Also, should I buy a home to live in first or wait until I have one or several properties?
Should I repay the mortgage on one IP before buying another one, or buy up as many as my DSR will allow and then start paying them off one at a time?
Is it better to leave the deposit in each property and come up with a new one for the next property (through QCDs/saving) or value up (buying under valuation) and recycle the deposit this way?
If unable to find CF tve properties should I consider paying a larger deposit on a negatively geared property to make it tve CF.
Any help would be greatly appreciated as most of you I’m sure know the confusion facing a newbie trying to get started!
Thanks in advance
Karter


Comment