Header Ad Module

Collapse

Goals - what are yours?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Julian
    Fanatical
    • Jan 2005
    • 1524

    #1

    Goals - what are yours?

    Just wondering what your goals are out there? Of course I mean financial and property related goals - interesting though it might be to learn that you intend seducing the neighbour's cat!!!

    Remember the rules about goals: they must be realistic, measurable, well defined and time specific.

    The most interesting one I have heard is Graeme Fowler's, which some kind computer tech might copy from a recent thread (sorry, but I don't know how) that was originated by me (can't remember the name of it, and don't know how to get back to it without killing this thread).

    Look forward to hearing.

    Julian
    Gimme $20k. You will receive some well packaged generic advice that will put you on the road to riches beyond your wildest dreams ...yeah right!
  • muppet
    Banned
    • Sep 2003
    • 10593

    #2
    Hi Julian

    Shrink this page then open up Internet Explorer again and go to PropertyTalk and do a search for goals or whatever.

    When you have found what you are looking for either copy and paste or put in a link to the page you were looking for so that others can refresh.

    Or wait until you move to Rotorua and I can show you over a beer.

    Regards

    Comment

    • Josko
      Fanatical
      • Dec 2004
      • 2075

      #3
      Originally posted by Julian
      The most interesting one I have heard is Graeme Fowler's, which some kind computer tech might copy from a recent thread (sorry, but I don't know how) that was originated by me (can't remember the name of it, and don't know how to get back to it without killing this thread).
      Originally posted by orion
      This year I have set a goal to purchase 40 properties and average $25,000 profit / equity from each, totalling a million dollars.
      So far I've bought 4 and should have another one later this week.
      The first one was bought for $113,000, MV is approx $140,000 which will be sold again later this year.
      The second was bought as a rental for $154,000 which is rented at $260 p.w. market value is approx $170,000
      The third was bought last week for $167,000 and sold yesterday for $225,000 though an agent - profit was $58,000 minus approx $9000 fees.
      Fourth settles in April, bought for $254,000 and will sell for approx $290 - $300,000.

      Maybe Marc & Donna you could do a new thread with deals done etc that people could put on what they are doing as far as buying / selling /renting etc go.

      Regards
      Graeme Fowler

      Comment

      • toby
        Addicted
        • Jan 2005
        • 529

        #4
        Goals

        My goal this year is to do 20-30 deals (move toward Graeme's League).
        Passive $77k+ in total
        I plan to be out of the rat race by the close of the year.
        So far done five.
        1. PP $130k Reg Val $162k ARV $175k rent $260pw
        2. PP $130k Reg Val $150k ARV $170-$180k rent $260pw
        3. PP $111k Reg Val $145k flipped for $5k finders fee
        4. Can't mention until it confirms, suffice to say it's nice- very nice flip.
        5.PP $114k Reg Val $126 ARV $150k $250pw

        How about you Julian?

        Comment

        • Fritz
          Forum Junkie
          • Feb 2005
          • 260

          #5
          Kayak the Grand Canyon on a private trip 2008.

          Ah, oops, supposed to put in dollars.

          Additional 1 million NZD in value in long term buy/hold by 2007 exceeding 8% nett yield and none of my own money CP+ in it on P&I.

          Take partner on trip to Europe business class July 2005.

          First commercial property (rules to be formed) 2006. (might be ahead here)

          Build my first dream private residence designed by partner to live in near water/sea/river 2008 in NZ.

          Black Porsche 911 in 2010.

          F.
          Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours. - Richard Bach

          Comment

          • Josko
            Fanatical
            • Dec 2004
            • 2075

            #6
            Baring any catastrophes...

            and since we do not know each other that well, here is my goal for completion by this time next year.

            1) In 5 Months, 9 Days be in a position to settle on my 2nd IP.

            2) In 6 Months after that be in a position to settle on either 3rd IP (LVR80%) or 4th IP (LVR90%).

            3) Research and initiate structure for trading properties.

            4) Review Income stream and take appropriate action.

            Comment

            • Josko
              Fanatical
              • Dec 2004
              • 2075

              #7
              Originally posted by toby
              (move toward Graeme's League)
              It has been mentioned here before, we are all in the same league, my in jest, similar comment was riding on the back of a private comment I posted to a person that I am looking forward to sharing a beer with soon.

              Please excuse my indulgence, I will try to rewrite it from memory, it goes something like this.

              It is a fallacy that we separate our selves by the notion of being in certain leagues, this fallacy is only a deterrent for like minded people to meet as friends, in fact the only difference is the economic standing which in reality is a barrier to develop a greater friendship through sharing equally the evolving nature of friendship.

              Well it was something like that, but I know what you mean, and I aspire with you.

              Comment

              • fudosan
                Reaching out to Asia
                • Jun 2004
                • 2084

                #8
                Re: Goals

                Originally posted by toby
                .
                1. PP $130k Reg Val $162k ARV $175k rent $260pw
                What is ARV? Thanks

                Comment

                • orion
                  Fanatical
                  • Dec 2003
                  • 1750

                  #9
                  What is ARV?
                  After repaired value.

                  Regards
                  Graeme Fowler
                  Facebook Property Chat Group NZ
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/340682962758216/

                  Comment

                  • fudosan
                    Reaching out to Asia
                    • Jun 2004
                    • 2084

                    #10
                    Thanks Graeme

                    Comment

                    • Marcus
                      Fanatical
                      • Jun 2005
                      • 1453

                      #11
                      Short term (12mths)
                      Invest $200,000 in business returning a minimum of 20%p.a. (Aiming more toward the 50% mark, and have a possible opportunity in the “pipe works”).

                      Medium term (2-3yrs)
                      Reduce debt and look for opportunities to expand both business and income streams.

                      5yr plan
                      To be earning 1.5 times my current salary through business earnings and quit my J.O.B.

                      Regards.

                      Comment

                      • Julian
                        Fanatical
                        • Jan 2005
                        • 1524

                        #12
                        Good stuff so far, but is that the limit of forumites who have goals or who are willing to share them.

                        I have heard it said that putting your goals out there for everyone to see encourages you to achieve them - moreso than keeping them to yourself.

                        For me goals are an intrinsic part of my life and since I committed to putting them down on paper, and leaving them around for everyone to see, I have been amazed at how well I have done at achieving them ...and this from someone who is very economical with his energy.

                        Marcus,
                        What line of business? Tell us more.

                        Congrats and best wishes to those of you willing to put your plans on the table (and to the others as well).

                        Julian.
                        Gimme $20k. You will receive some well packaged generic advice that will put you on the road to riches beyond your wildest dreams ...yeah right!

                        Comment

                        • Marcus
                          Fanatical
                          • Jun 2005
                          • 1453

                          #13
                          Hi Julian,

                          From what I have seen so far in my recent investigations, most businesses for sale under $200,000 are pretty much buying yourself a job (very little "fat", and if you try and run it “managed” the scraps left at the end are slim pickings).
                          This does not appeal to me so I have been looking down the Franchise avenue. There is some interesting stuff out there I must say.

                          Business not being my strength (yet), I find myself (yet again) back in my accountants office, sifting through things as part of my due diligence (and learning) to try and minimise the chance of making an unnecessary "balls up". This all brings back memories of starting out buying my first few IP's. In hind sight it was $$ very well spent back then, which is why I am back using his brains again. See quote below.

                          Regards,
                          Marcus.

                          Comment

                          • Cliffy
                            Addicted
                            • Nov 2003
                            • 522

                            #14
                            My goals for this year include:

                            Getting my passive cashflow from 0$ to $20K.

                            - I have almost completed building a second dwelling on 1 IP and will do the same on another one to help towards this.

                            Equity up to $500K

                            Run a half marathon in under 90 mins (first one for the year this weekend).[/list]
                            We Buy Houses | Sell Your House Fast - No Fees, No Stress

                            Comment

                            • revdev
                              Fanatical
                              • Jan 2005
                              • 1816

                              #15
                              Hi Julian,

                              A great topic.....

                              Goals for 2005:

                              1. As a couple, complete overseas 9 month contract. Return to NZ in Dec with $50,000 + in savings
                              2. Research and action purchase of CF +ve IP #3
                              3. Make LVR < 70%

                              Medium Term Goals (2 – 8 ) years:

                              1. Purchase subsequent CF +ve IP’s to the point where it is financially viable to finish overseas contract work
                              2. Return to NZ fulltime and purchase PPOR
                              3. Start-up or purchase of NZ business to generate cashflow, increase IP loan serviceability and to pay down PPOR loan

                              Long Term Goals (8+ years):

                              1. Own total of 15+ IP’s, to reach desired passive income levels (minimum MV $1,500,000) with LVR < 50%
                              2. Own business now at managed level
                              3. Purchase of dream PPOR
                              4. Achievement of non-financial goals ; travel through Africa and South America, purchase boat, continue to enjoy life..

                              G
                              Premium Villa Holidays in Turkey

                              Comment

                              Working...