Header Ad Module

Collapse

Clendon / Homai - an Auckland Question

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bluekiwi
    Fanatical
    • May 2008
    • 4002

    #1

    Clendon / Homai - an Auckland Question

    With CYF's and the Womans prison, and the youth penal system, in this area !!!!!!!!!

    Does this neccesarily mean bad news for the area's popularity ?

    I guess its a bit of a downer on prices and rental demand in general.

    But the new motorway will mean greater access to other parts of Auckland?
  • Green Fish
    Fanatical
    • Apr 2008
    • 2074

    #2
    Paremoremo is an expensive area, despite the prison, so I don't think buyers are put off. The problem with Clendon is that many of the inmates probably come from the general vicinity, which is considerably more off-putting.

    Have you had a look at Glen Innes? It's far more expensive, but there are signs that the market there is beginning to crack.
    Last edited by essence; 22-05-2008, 08:45 AM. Reason: Spelling

    Comment

    • Bluekiwi
      Fanatical
      • May 2008
      • 4002

      #3
      Originally posted by Green Fish View Post
      Paremoremo is an expensive area, despite the prison, so I don't think buyers are put off. The problem with Clendon is that many of the inmates probably come from the general vicinity, which is considerably more off-putting.
      Hehe... very good.
      Last edited by essence; 22-05-2008, 08:46 AM. Reason: Format correction/spelling

      Comment

      • k1w1
        Fanatical
        • Dec 2006
        • 1652

        #4
        Is this going to be the Murupara thread all over again *snigger*

        Comment

        • Bluekiwi
          Fanatical
          • May 2008
          • 4002

          #5
          Originally posted by k1w1 View Post
          Is this going to be the Murupara thread all over again *snigger*
          I thought I better hold my tongue this time

          Comment

          • Green Fish
            Fanatical
            • Apr 2008
            • 2074

            #6
            No need for tongue-biting: If you want top dollar from a tenant, you have to provide a top environment - and that extends far beyond the boundaries of the site. For example, a 3-bdr house in Clendon, if transplanted into the Grammar Zone, would rent for nearly three times as much.

            Comment

            • k1w1
              Fanatical
              • Dec 2006
              • 1652

              #7
              yeah and cost 3x as much too, returning the same yield %.

              Comment

              • k1w1
                Fanatical
                • Dec 2006
                • 1652

                #8
                that should read "the same crappy yield %"

                Comment

                • kalovatt
                  Forum Junkie
                  • Jan 2004
                  • 272

                  #9
                  Originally posted by Green Fish View Post
                  For example, a 3-bdr house in Clendon, if transplanted into the Grammar Zone, would rent for nearly three times as much.
                  And cost 7 or 8 times as much to do, making the yield about a third

                  Comment

                  • k1w1
                    Fanatical
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 1652

                    #10
                    or that, kalovatt. ahhh - cynics cut from the same cloth, you & I.

                    Comment

                    • Green Fish
                      Fanatical
                      • Apr 2008
                      • 2074

                      #11
                      Eureka! The penny has finally dropped. The Auckland market is overcooked to the point of being charcoal.

                      So just wait - and you'll see.

                      Comment

                      • kalovatt
                        Forum Junkie
                        • Jan 2004
                        • 272

                        #12
                        Indeed indeed !!!! Although I tend to see it as "Realism", or "The Cold Hard Facts" !!!!

                        Comment

                        • Bluekiwi
                          Fanatical
                          • May 2008
                          • 4002

                          #13
                          Homai / Clendon

                          Is there a cheaper area in Auckland ?

                          Without resorting to gangland territories.

                          Comment

                          • Green Fish
                            Fanatical
                            • Apr 2008
                            • 2074

                            #14
                            Clendon isn't in Auckland.

                            And neither is Torbay (which is not to say that I don't enjoy my occasional strolls through the area, Blue Kiwi.)

                            Comment

                            • SwissKiwi
                              Addicted
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 624

                              #15
                              I would think Clendon would be pretty much bottom of the barrel price and quality wise. Perhaps Manurewa next door is even worse - highest crime stats in NZ I read somewhere.

                              Be careful of buying yourself a lot of trouble!

                              Mangere has a similarly bad name - but its closer to the city, and good for the airport - although I doubt many people who live there would be regulars at checkin.

                              Some would say if you can only afford these areas in Auckland - you could be better off searching out some cut price city apartment bargains.

                              Just a few ideas for you.

                              Comment

                              Working...