RM property academy now redundant???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonHoyFong View Post
    Dear Gerrard! I remember you so well as the person who was more concerned whether I was being paid for anything rather than the quality of my teachings, and who was I in bed with. You missed out on not coming to my free Burger King Tour in March 2005, since we are on property talk I thought I might ask if you have purchased any properties at all since then.

Dear Ron! Why do you bring this up now and what relevance does it have to this discussion? It seems you seek to belittle those who don't support you and your associates. For someone who is so anti-negativity you certainly do use your fair share of it!

I remember you too. Given you were new to PT, offering a free lunch, and selling something, I asked for more details so that I didn't jump to any conclusions and make any incorrect judgements. In response you made judgements about me, got all heated up, and even ranted about racism. Based on this I decided I didn't like your style and would seek my advice from other sources. A decision I'm still happy with today.

I'm sure you have helped plenty of people, and I'm sure plenty of people have done well from their advisers who are not you. Each to their own I say.

And to answer your question: Yes I have purchased properties since your free Burger King Tour in March 2005. My successes and failures have been well documented here on PT for everyone to share.

Gerrard

Oh, and yes I happen to support Paul's crusade to get rid of mis-leading advertising. I think he deserves a pat on the back for all the effort he goes to when so many of us don't get off our arses to do anything about it.

Comment

Ron, if owning multitudes of properties is your goal, thats fine, it's your goal, but please don't judge people on that measure. It is meaningless.

The true test of success in property (to me) is making it through many cycles and coming out the other end unscathed. Many of the high flyers who push their wares with visions of wealth have not achieved this yet, so are IMHO unqualified to teach and preach until they have attained that status.

The cake is only half baked at this point .
      Find The Trend Whose Premise Is False - Then Bet Against It

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper View Post
        Ron, if owning multitudes of properties is your goal, thats fine, it's your goal, but please don't judge people on that measure. It is meaningless.

The true test of success in property (to me) is making it through many cycles and coming out the other end unscathed. Many of the high flyers who push their wares with visions of wealth have not achieved this yet, so are IMHO unqualified to teach and preach until they have attained that status.

The cake is only half baked at this point .
        No Worries Gatekeeper

If your are like Graham Fowler and Dean, and Toby and many others whom have flipped heaps, and hold few then thats cool to be positive and talk from experience.

But if you come across people who have done hardly any S+P's and criticise everybody, then these people need to look at themselve in the mirror, and listen for a change.

As Robert Kiyosaki said (Page 34 Rich Dad Poor Dad)
        "If you think I'm the problem then you will have to change me. If you realize that you're the problem, then you can change yourself, learn something and grow wiser. Most people want everything in the world to change but themselves. Let me tell you, it is easier to change yourself than everyone else"

PS gatekeeper - if you don't have many properties, then how many deals have you done that you are sharing your experiences from. If you done a few I would love to learn from you as well to go faster.

Likewise I am happier to help you fast-track into to your next property.

Cheers Ron
        (Justice of the Property Peace)

TIP FROM RON
        Build the team of Experts around you, however if you are stronger and more knowledgeable than any person in your team , then you have a problem

Comment

Ron, your posts reek of desperation. Perhaps I can cheer you up as I am going to Nanjin next week, now is the time to order your $1 paint brushes...keep your maintanance under $500 righto.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryutaro View Post
            Ron, your posts reek of desperation. Perhaps I can cheer you up as I am going to Nanjin next week, now is the time to order your $1 paint brushes...keep your maintanance under $500 righto.
            Hi R Yu Taro

I know you wouldn't think of it, but please order me a "40 foot FCL" container of paint brushes, sell them for me and deposit the profit in my HK bank account.

I will explain why later when you have done it, thanks.

Ron

PS I will be speaking at the Hawkes Bay PIA on Thursday nite 29th March 2007 and you are invited to attend

Last edited by RonHoyFong; 27-03-2007, 08:15 AM.

Comment

I can only hope that what I am about to say is taken in the spirit it is meant- and that im not about to kicked out of the mentoring system

Although I have joined the "Richmastery" mentoring scheme - and am very happy with my choice to do so, I need to say that posts such as those from Ron, and in the past from others at RM, did put me off for a long time- and im sure they will put others off too.

Richmastery will not be to everyones taste, and I dont really see that it has to be. But Superdad and others like him do have a point regarding some of the advertising. It is very over the top and in-your-face.

I have learned as much on this site from people like Xris, Superdad and Monid, as I have from those associated with RM. It is irrelevant how many properties they own - I would still like to see thier questions - and the answers to them would be nice too. Whenever they question something - I look at what they say, try to understand, and either aggree or not. Often I have found that they are bringing up things that I had not considered (being new to all this).

Personally - I like Richmastery - but then Im dealing with the Wellington & Wairarapa branches and I can only say the people there have been great. But this baracking of people who question the advertising and methods does the company no favours as far as I can see adn is a bit embarrasing to watch.

Not everyone who wants to be a property investor wants to be a "super investor". This does not make them lesser people or invalidate what they have to say. Neither does having a "negative" pov mean they are attacking something for the sake of it. They just have a different POV.

I have the utmost admiration for what Ron and others who run and work for RM have done. But I cant help but wish they would let Superdad and others question them without needing to enter into these jelly-wrestling contests. I really feel it makes RM look a bit silly really - and that it will be putting people off - and that is a shame.

I hope I have managed to say that without offending anyone

Comment

Avalon thank you very much for saying that, I hope the right people are listening.

If RM's mentoring system is worth staying in then you certainly won't be kicked out for saying what you have said. And from what you have been saying on other threads, at the least the people you have been dealing with have been good value, so they should be worth staying with.

Cheers
                David
                New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

Comment

Nicely put Avalon, all the best on getting all you need out of the mentoring, definelty doubt that they would kick a paying customer out of a program fro speaking out. Good on you.

Comment

Wow.
                    An amazing post from Avalon.

Just as a side note there is another thread on Pt which discusses the difference with groups making a creative thinker rather than simply a follower.

Since Avalon started on PT she has proved she has evolved into a creative thinker who has the ability to question details. And todays post is a positive one which should no way be seen as negative.

Well done.

In fact I vote this post:
                    #1 post for Propertytalk Mar 2007

Comment

• Originally posted by RonHoyFong View Post
                      Hi R Yu Taro

I know you wouldn't think of it, but please order me a "40 foot FCL" container of paint brushes, sell them for me and deposit the profit in my HK bank account.

I will explain why later when you have done it, thanks.

Ron

PS I will be speaking at the Hawkes Bay PIA on Thursday nite 29th March 2007 and you are invited to attend

http://www.propertytalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9828

Well, there we go. A night with Ron and his paintbrushes. Anyone who attends gets a free brush and a HK bank account, just dont forget to put in some silver coins.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ryutaro View Post
                        Well, there we go. A night with Ron and his paintbrushes. Anyone who attends gets a free brush and a HK bank account, just dont forget to put in some silver coins.
                        Oi ! Oi ! Oi !

It is customary gold coins thank you.

Cheers Ron
                        (Justice of the Property Peace)

Comment

• Try Trademe for cheep paintbrushes.....and also toothbrushes.
                          "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                          X