LEDs & BCA lighting regulations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEDs & BCA lighting regulations

Im searching for LED downlights that will meet the BCA's lighting regulations starting this year. Do all led lights meet this regulation? Can anyone recommend a LED that is long lasting? I've heard many over heat and Im not willing to pay the initial high cost unless Im sure they will last.

LEDs & BCA lighting regulations

I think there are a few around. 3 I know of are Brightgreen, Osram and Pierlite. I'm sure there are more.

But the question shouldn't bee so much about the 5Wpsqm restriction, because most LEDs will meet this.

It should be about how much light you'll get from the wattage and most I've seen either fail dismally or fall somewhat short. In other words, you'll need more LEDs psqm to give you good enough light.

Of the 3 biggies I mentioned, I seem to recall they are all around 15 or 16W, which will qualify easily, however I think their brightness varies considerably. From memory, the Brightgreen one (can't remember product name) is the brightest with over 900 lumens, then I think there was a gap to Osram (can't remember product name or exact lumen count), but the Pierlite one I do remmebr: 532 lumens. LOUSY! The reason I remember this is a sparky tried to tell me at $195 this was a good light! I wonder whose pay register he was on!

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker View Post
      Im searching for LED downlights that will meet the BCA's lighting regulations starting this year. Do all led lights meet this regulation? Can anyone recommend a LED that is long lasting? I've heard many over heat and Im not willing to pay the initial high cost unless Im sure they will last.
      I have never paid any attention to my lights is according to regulations or not? Last weekend I was fined for using illegal led lights...I am still not aware about these laws so can you give some proper information about these laws? Waiting for quick reply.. Thanks in advance

Comment

Why not head down to your local lighting store, they will give you all the information, doesn't mean you have to buy from there. Although we found our local stores prices were quite ok.

Comment

Working...
        X