External house - painting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External house - painting

Hi there, this might not be the right place for this question since its for our own home, but I am looking at getting it painted (been meaning to do it for some time now).

Its a very old house we have been doing up, 1930's - 3 bedroom reasonable sized house . Was actually 4 bedroom but the lounge now is much bigger.

Some of the weather boards will need some replacing, but I'm just wondering if anyone has a reasonable idea on cost I should be budgeting for.

I'm expecting to get a range of values when we get some quotes but at least I'm not flying blind when we get them (Whats considered to high, or too low).

Also anyone recommended for house painting in the waikato region, that can do a good quality job at a reasonable price that won't break the bank?

Thanks

Lenny,

Very difficult to budget for something like that as you never really know what you'll find when you start removing weather boards. Perhaps $2500 at the low end to $5000+ at the high end - assuming single story and no serious issues.
    You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Wow thanks, I was expecting that I'd get pricing ranging from $15k - $25k, but your estimates make me very happy if I start getting quotes in that range.

Thanks for that.

Cheers

Comment

It does depend a lot on how much work there is to do... number and difficulty of windows make a huge difference. Wouldn't have thought it'd be anywhere near $15k though. It's painting, not rocket science!

Comment

A house painted for $2500 ? if you live in a carboard box perhaps, and $5000 + I would think is at the low end, more around the $10k + I would estimate

Comment

Originally posted by Lenny69 View Post
            Wow thanks, I was expecting that I'd get pricing ranging from $15k - $25k,

Cheers
            Your estimation of this is perhaps a tad on the high side, your could just about reclad the whole house and get a paint job done for $25k.

Comment

Originally posted by Aston View Post
              Your estimation of this is perhaps a tad on the high side, your could just about reclad the whole house and get a paint job done for $25k.
              Ah good to know, at least what price is acceptable when we start looking.

Will stick to a paint job, we don't want to spent to much for such an old house, plus there is the cashflow to think about also

Thanks again for all the comments.

Comment

I had a small 3 bedroom house painted 4 years ago for $1500 labour only. It did have aluminium joinery and the painter wasn't the best in the world!

Comment

Hi,

It is important to consider not only price, but also the reputation of the painter (you want the job done well). I recommend checking painters prior reviews and references.

If you would like specific recommendations of painters in the Hamilton or Waikato area, please PM me,

Best of luck

Keith
                  www.builderscrack.co.nz

Comment

Would say about $7 - $8k incl paint

Comment

Apart from the building bits do the painting yourself. Its dammed easy to do and apart from a few buckets of descent paint at 140 each and a few utensils you can save a lot of money.
                      Word of advice. Use only top quality paint. Dulux x10 or similar. lasts longer and sticks like s*** to blanket.

Comment

Working...
                      X