No announcement yet.

Speculation & Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After my first response I emailed Tony Alexander and outlined the scenario..... In typical Tony style ( at least in his emails to me) he asked why would anyone want to go back to something ( gold standard) that ended decades ago? I think that response would be typical of any main stream economist. All we are doing is repeating the debates of the 19th century economists who battled with the problems created by specie backed money.

Its very scary when I see posts of Gata on any forum............funnily enough the picture on Gatas home page is most revealing: its a knight seated on horse back backed by a crowd of people facing the federal reserve. Don Quixote immediately comes to mind!

It is interesting that Ron Paul is getting much more support these days...........however it is not so much for a return to a gold standard but rather he is putting forward a bill demanding a full Audit of the Fed...... The impression I get the supportors of the bill want to see the Fed reserve more accountable for its actions. I have to admit I too to agree that an organisation as important as the Federal reserve needs to be watched.
    The mission of any business enterprise should include the aim to develop economic conditions rather than simply react to them.

Comment

• More lolz

Originally posted by Badger View Post
      It had everything to do since I do not believe in never ending population growth. So discount the question, about how that may meld with a different financial system, in this case gold. A educated guess would be if its scarce it costs more. At the end of the day be it sea shells or grams of gold the market decides the value's...

Please carry on since your posts of insults and sand pit behaviour do not bother me. As usual though Spaceman, you only attack the poster and not the topic.

The reason my behaviour doesn't bother you is because you can't read well enough to understand it.

Stupid is as stupid does ..... the question Tricky asked was a simple and concise one, you didn't answer it because you thought it was about someting else and you answered the question based on your misconception.

Hello ...the question wasn't about never ending population growth ....it doesn't matter what you believe about never ending population growth THAT WASN'T WHAT THE QUESTION WAS ABOUT!!!

Example.

Spaceman: "Hey Badger do you think Donald is the right choice for 10 this weekend?????"

Badger: "I think they should do the ka mate haka instead of that new fangled one"

Spaceman: "Fair enough Badger, but how about you answer the question I asked"

Badger: "Stop calling me stupid"

To paraphrase ...

Better to say nothing and to be thought a fool, there Badger my old china, than to post and remove all doubt.

As I have said before I normally ignore the rubbish you spout, but from time to time it is amusing to pull you up on it and watch you flounder about .................. Yes I do understand that this makes me less of a good person, a bit like beating up on the retarded fat smelly kid at school. But at the same time you can't let the retarded fat smelly kid get away with everything just because he is fat smelly and retarded.

cheers
      spaceman
      Last edited by spaceman; 16-07-2009, 03:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Kane View Post
        So when Badger and Stevenet impose their gold standard on us, we will see our house values reducing each year.
        Find the post I state for a return to the gold standard!

Bobs only concern is about a drop in his house price lmao...how shallow...

Originally posted by Bob Kane View Post
        And our wages and the price of bread.
        How long before the civil war breaks out?.
        Going off the current system that could be a possibility in the near future as the have nots grow in proportion to the haves

And Badgers neat solution to this is to sterilise all the young girls....
        Well thats just a blatent lie Bob! Please find the post where I advocate that?

How does Von Mises spin this into a plus?
        Von Mises is a economist....

Sounds like you'd have to be a raging nutter to embrace this 'gold standard will build a better world' mantra.
        Hows the fiat currency world looking at the moment? Like many you dont even understand the basics of what your participating in, unless your house price keeps going up. Tell us bob what pushes your house price up to begin with?

Spaceballs can probably give ya some cockamainy diatribe to help ya out.

Better get ya PM fired up with ya mates at PT...
        Last edited by Badger; 16-07-2009, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by spaceman View Post
          The reason my behaviour doesn't bother you is because you can't read well enough to understand it.

Stupid is as stupid does ..... the question Tricky asked was a simple and concise one, you didn't answer it because you thought it was about someting else and you answered the question based on your misconception.

Hello ...the question wasn't about never ending population growth ....it doesn't matter what you believe about never ending population growth THAT WASN'T WHAT THE QUESTION WAS ABOUT!!!

Example.

Spaceman: "Hey Badger do you think Donald is the right choice for 10 this weekend?????"

Badger: "I think they should do the ka mate haka instead of that new fangled one"

Spaceman: "Fair enough Badger, but how about you answer the question I asked"

Badger: "Stop calling me stupid"

To paraphrase ...

Better to say nothing and to be thought a fool, there Badger my old china, than to post and remove all doubt.

As I have said before I normally ignore the rubbish you spout, but from time to time it is amusing to pull you up on it and watch you flounder about .................. Yes I do understand that this makes me less of a good person, a bit like beating up on the retarded fat smelly kid at school. But at the same time you can't let the retarded fat smelly kid get away with everything just because he is fat smelly and retarded.

cheers
          spaceman
          Alot of resentment there. Keep it up! Whats the topic again? lmao...loser...
          Last edited by Badger; 16-07-2009, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Austrokiwi View Post
            Except if gold were money, as in a gold standard, the value of money would be fixed so the price of goods must drop!
            Yes but the fixing of gold as a number and not by wieght is a bankers and politicians manipulation. Thats not a free market practice as advocated by these entities.

Ive listened for 20 years about the free market. Yet its not practiced by those that promote it!

Comment

• No resentment .....

Alot of resentment there. Keep it up! Whats the topic again? lmao...loser...
              ...just amusement.

I don't harbour any resentment there Badger. I don't know anything about you hardly so there is nothing to resent.

It's an amusing distraction to me and that's about it.

To point out another thing you have said that amuses me .... You say "What's the topic again" .....Yet I have shown that you can't stay on topic long enough to answer a simple question from Tricky...... to me that's worth a couple of giggles and that's it.

Also I find it funny that you seem to think that you would retain any credibility whatsoever, when time and time again you stick your foot in your mouth. Though I do concede that it may well be the case that you are so dense that you can't see your own mistakes even after I have pointed them out for you.

Basicaly I think you're an amusing fool that is wasting internet electrons, I harbour no resentment or ill-will in fact since Orbital and K-bar have left you are one of the best clowns left posting. I like clowns and the internet has plenty of electrons so keep it up.

Cheers
              Spaceman

Comment

• In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey.....

Soy un perdedor

Cheers
                Spaceman

Comment

• My highly unscientific, unproven, non-charted, nonhistorical, based-on-the-same-gut-feeling-that-makes-me-think-I-have-the-winning-lotto-numbers-but-actually-dont feeling is that the gold bubble is about to burst, a 50% drop in price.
                  I've got rid on most of that annoying gold jewlery that I am too hetro to wear any more and if I could get away with it without having my legs and arms broken would sell the wedding ring as well. Lots of people seem to be doing it, the moneys too good, and gold is so last century anyway. If I had any gold bars & coins under the mattress I would get rid of them too before the price collapses in the near to medium to long future.

Comment

Soy un perdedor

Cheers
                    Spaceman
                    Of coarse you are SpaceBalls!

Are you meaning in spanish or portuguese though? Dosnt matter though ya both of those meanings!

later loser...lmao...

Comment

• Geez this thread used to be a place of information.
                      Now it's filled with crackpots. Except Badger.

spaceman - your behaviour is appalling. Isn't there a mod around here?

Now, I see from the quotes in Badger's posts that house prices came up.
                      I would have thought falling house prices would be a good thing. Doesn't that mean people can afford to buy bigger or more houses, and are therefore wealthier?

Is there anyone really suggesting that people should be less wealthy in the future, and have greater trouble affording a simple abode?

I think you need to engage a little bit of your brains.

Comment

• Further proof .....

Originally posted by Steve Netwriter View Post
                        Geez this thread used to be a place of information.
                        Now it's filled with crackpots. Except Badger.

spaceman - your behaviour is appalling. Isn't there a mod around here?

Now, I see from the quotes in Badger's posts that house prices came up.
                        I would have thought falling house prices would be a good thing. Doesn't that mean people can afford to buy bigger or more houses, and are therefore wealthier?

Is there anyone really suggesting that people should be less wealthy in the future, and have greater trouble affording a simple abode?

I think you need to engage a little bit of your brains.

....not that I needed any.

I'm sorry I've offended your delicate sensibilities Steve. However all I did was point out another of Badgers stupid mistakes...... If you don't like my posts report them. If the mods agree I've overstepped the mark then I am quite prepared to apologise to you, Badger and anybodyelse who feels aggrieved as long as they take the time to explain why.

Genuinely he does entertain me. I've no doubt he still can't see the mistake he made..... for me this is funny. He's the one who resorted to childish name calling, I can live with it.

Cheers
                        Sooooooooooy un perdedor

Comment

....not that I needed any.

I'm sorry I've offended your delicate sensibilities Steve. However all I did was point out another of Badgers stupid mistakes...... If you don't like my posts report them. If the mods agree I've overstepped the mark then I am quite prepared to apologise to you, Badger and anybodyelse who feels aggrieved as long as they take the time to explain why.

Genuinely he does entertain me. I've no doubt he still can't see the mistake he made..... for me this is funny. He's the one who resorted to childish name calling, I can live with it.

Cheers
                          Sooooooooooy un perdedor
                          Any one can review whats been written when and where and make there own minds up, but ill go search out the first few posts where you encountered the Badger if there still on the server and well see who called who what first eh loser?

Comment

• save yourself some time and effort.

Any one can review whats been written when and where and make there own minds up, but ill go search out the first few posts where you encountered the Badger if there still on the server and well see who called who what first eh loser?

No need me old china.

I concede that perhaps I may well of called you a loser first in some earlier thread....... I was referring to this recent exchange only.

If you're really upset about some earlier infraction I do apologise...... feel free to cut loose at my expense if it will make you feel better.

However that doesn't change the fact you can't read. Also when and if I call you stupid/dumb/a moron etc..... these are pretty much self evident truths supported by your posts.

Cheers
                            Spaceman

Comment

No need me old china.

I concede that perhaps I may well of called you a loser first in some earlier thread....... I was referring to this recent exchange only.

If you're really upset about some earlier infraction I do apologise...... feel free to cut loose at my expense if it will make you feel better.

However that doesn't change the fact you can't read. Also when and if I call you stupid/dumb/a moron etc..... these are pretty much self evident truths supported by your posts.

Cheers
                              Spaceman

Yo Spaceballs you have a short memory!

Originally posted by spaceman View Post
                              So firstly an apology to anybody that may have offended by my over enthusiastic use of language, and thanks to Badger especially for having the good grace not to throw a hissy fit. As GK said I was a bit dramatic at times, but it certainly wasn't my intent to truely insult or offend anybody
                              Last edited by BusyLizzy; 17-07-2009, 01:36 PM. Reason: offensive comments removed

Comment

• {MUst be the weather...causing the scraps..............here it is over 35 degrees and we have had more rain than normal this summer so its also really humid and now we seem to be plagued by Mozzies. the little B's don't even bother hunting for bare skin they just drill through our clothes ( My jeans have mozzie corpses all over them!!!!}

Badger it is correct that you never stated you supported a gold standard but you you will have to understand that we did get the impression that's what you wanted based on your position that gold is money.
                                The mission of any business enterprise should include the aim to develop economic conditions rather than simply react to them.

Comment

Working...
                                X