Header Ad Module

Collapse

PropertyTalk.com is Rubbish?????

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • cube
    Thinking outside the square.
    • Jun 2005
    • 5076

    #16
    Thanks Don,

    The moderating team here at PT are continually debating the various merits and otherwise of one post or another, and your insight gives us something else to include in those discussions.

    Forget Invercargill - Detroit is the place to be!

    cube
    DFTBA

    Comment

    • SuperDad
      Hamilton Event Organiser
      • Apr 2006
      • 4015

      #17
      The following quote from Pitt St is manifestly false on two counts:

      Originally posted by Pitt St
      But to be blunt, that forum ****s me a fair bit because I think alot of the people on it a small-minded clones of places like Richmastery (see ads) who believe that the way to get ahead in property is to buy the highest yielding p.o.s. they can, spend **** all on maintenance (or when they do spend, make the poor tenant pay), and otherwise be a tightwad slumlord.
      Firstly, it is not the case that a lot of the posters on Pt are "small-minded clones of places like Richmastery". That might be true of the RM forum, but not of PT.

      Secondly, I think that Pitt St unfairly represents RM as a "one show pony" when he/she claims that their only strategy is to "buy the highest yielding p.o.s. they can, spend **** all on maintenance (or when they do spend, make the poor tenant pay), and otherwise be a tightwad slumlord." In addition to the academy, RM has recently run events on lease options and on advanced trading strategies.

      If there is going to be a fight, let's make sure that it is a fair fight.

      Paul.

      Comment

      • Monid
        Philophaster
        • Feb 2004
        • 3062

        #18
        Paul defending RM? That's as weird as the time both Dean, Xris and I all agreed about something...

        David
        New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

        Comment

        • SuperDad
          Hamilton Event Organiser
          • Apr 2006
          • 4015

          #19
          Not defending RM, just defending the truth.

          Comment

          • powerbroker50
            Forum Junkie
            • Nov 2003
            • 347

            #20
            I also agree with you

            Even when I disagree with you guys I still have far more respect for people here than I ever did on somersoft. In Australia propertyinvesting.com is a far better site. Somersoft is a waste of time.

            Comment

            • xris
              Fanatical
              • Nov 2005
              • 3283

              #21
              Hello poormastery,

              I recall your saying that you had bought some properties at the start of the recent boom, made some money and the lost interest.

              Why not tell us about that?

              Did you manage them?
              How did you go about buying them?
              Were they houses, flats, shops, or what?
              Did you sell up or do you still own them?

              Having had Plato, Nietzsche and Wittgenstein, I for one would be interested in hearing about some dry rot.

              xris
              Last edited by xris; 13-04-2007, 09:18 PM.

              Comment

              • SuperDad
                Hamilton Event Organiser
                • Apr 2006
                • 4015

                #22
                Poormastery,

                Your (mis)quoting of Wittgenstein, followed by the claim that "Any post which doesn’t give them the answers they need is useless", demonstrates your lack of understanding of the work of the later Wittgenstein.

                Paul.
                Last edited by SuperDad; 13-04-2007, 09:51 PM.

                Comment

                • Monid
                  Philophaster
                  • Feb 2004
                  • 3062

                  #23
                  Originally posted by Poormastery
                  Of course, in all humility, poormastery’s trade is not in the field of philosophy. I am merely an enthusiastic amateur.
                  Just remember where this sort of thing got Socrates

                  Cheers
                  David
                  New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

                  Comment

                  • SuperDad
                    Hamilton Event Organiser
                    • Apr 2006
                    • 4015

                    #24
                    Poormastery,

                    While this is a property forum, I will briefly take up your offer to correct one error.

                    The "early" Wittgenstein did not subscribe to the notion that the meaning of a term derives from its use (in a "form of life" or "language game"). He developed this theory in his later works (most notably his Philosophical Investigations).

                    Hence the widely used distinction between the "early" and "later" Wittgenstein.

                    Paul.

                    Comment

                    • Dean@Massiveaction
                      Giving life my best shot
                      • Jun 2005
                      • 5213

                      #25
                      David surely not!! All 3 of us :-)

                      Comment

                      • Monid
                        Philophaster
                        • Feb 2004
                        • 3062

                        #26
                        Yep on this thread here: http://www.propertytalk.com/forum/sh...ighlight=agree

                        Anyone would think I had just read through the entire General forum

                        Cheers
                        David
                        New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

                        Comment

                        • Dean@Massiveaction
                          Giving life my best shot
                          • Jun 2005
                          • 5213

                          #27
                          Ah yes I remember now.
                          I still haven't "concerted" to Scientology.
                          I am going to "Fiddler on the roof" next month though, does that count Paul??

                          Comment

                          • Don and Liz
                            Forum Junkie
                            • Aug 2005
                            • 357

                            #28
                            detroit

                            yeah - read the thread on detroit after your post. Now that's a dollar cost averaging op for a local who new it back to front. Probably not a op for an out of towner - is that where they set that "8 mile" movie or is that some other place

                            Comment

                            • revdev
                              Fanatical
                              • Jan 2005
                              • 1816

                              #29
                              Originally posted by poormastery
                              Maybe another day, if I can be bothered...Regards,*poormastery*
                              I hope you can poormastery, as your "anti-establishment" views reinforces PT's free & independent (& bewildering) spirit.

                              All the best
                              G
                              Premium Villa Holidays in Turkey

                              Comment

                              • The_Dog
                                Addicted
                                • Jan 2004
                                • 601

                                #30
                                =poormastery;

                                Nonetheless, poormastery finds his emphasis on language interesting. When you live in a country that doesn’t speak English as a first language (as I do), you begin to realise the full extent of the subtleties of any language.

                                So you live in Australia then. The home of somersoft. Now there's a surprize.

                                Comment

                                Working...