Header Ad Module

Collapse

Where is xris?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Glen
    Banned
    • Jan 2005
    • 1443

    #1

    Where is xris?

    I notice that xris hasn't been online/participating for near on 16 days now (which is highly unusual), and wondered whether anyone on PT actually knew of of him/her, and if xris was ok?

    I'd hate to think that the old bugger has passed away or something, and leaving us without a certain character on here.

    Anyway, won't jump to any conclusions at the moment, as it might be nothing, and he/she is just on a relaxing cruise somewhere!

    Comments?....
    Last edited by Glen; 05-06-2008, 08:38 PM.
  • ream
    Addicted
    • May 2007
    • 772

    #2
    I was waiting for comments on the latest property mag too

    Comment

    • kalovatt
      Forum Junkie
      • Jan 2004
      • 272

      #3
      Yes I miss Xris too. Where are you old buddy/buddess??

      Comment

      • poormastery
        Banned
        • Apr 2007
        • 493

        #4
        Curiouser and curiouser...

        Dear PT,

        Xris was one of the few interesting posters left on PT, so poormastery would surmise that the owners of PT.com probably banned him.

        Unfortunately, this forum appears to be (for all intents and purposes) finished under current management. This site has become a monumental bore. Indeed, given the paucity of interesting content now appearing on PT, complete financial failure seems quite possible.

        My view is that a forum like this can only be successful if it is independent and not beholden to spruikers. Ideally, forums such as these should be run as a hobby.

        If the PT owners wish to sell their forum, poormastery would consider buying it - not as an investment, but as a bit of fun.

        I suspect that these forums could have quite a bit of potential, if they hadn't been run in such an incompetent fashion.

        Let me know if it all gets too much for you.

        Regards,
        *poormastery*

        Comment

        • Bluekiwi
          Fanatical
          • May 2008
          • 4002

          #5
          Is that a real picture of him as the Avatar ?

          I thought that was a picture of either Steptoe or Arthur Dailey ? (its a bit small)

          Comment

          • Mark_B
            Addicted
            • Apr 2004
            • 676

            #6
            I think you'll find that his avatar is of the character "Victor Meldrew" from the BBC comedy "One Foot in the Grave".

            I don't watch the show (the much better half does), but from the glimpses I have seen I have gleaned that Victor is one cranky old ba$tard who appears to take exception to anyone and anything, anywhere, anytime.

            M
            Last edited by Mark_B; 06-06-2008, 10:39 AM.
            Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. Before making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

            Comment

            • orbital
              Forum Junkie
              • Jun 2004
              • 253

              #7
              I think he has been banned due to his repeated racist rants against Asians and anyone not of British stock.

              Comment

              • Hound
                Addicted
                • Jun 2004
                • 651

                #8
                I don't believe xris is as old as some suggest. However age
                can be a subjective opinion.

                Comment

                • 67910241
                  Fanatical
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 1077

                  #9
                  He's definitely missed

                  Tis bloody difficult to have a heated argument without someone at least as heavily opinionated as yourself to argue with.

                  He wasn't bland - that's for sure.

                  Comment

                  • Bluekiwi
                    Fanatical
                    • May 2008
                    • 4002

                    #10
                    Oh well at least we still have Green Fish !!

                    Comment

                    • Green Fish
                      Fanatical
                      • Apr 2008
                      • 2074

                      #11
                      Obituary to Xris

                      "He did not suffer fools gladly ..."

                      Comment

                      • CJ
                        Fanatical
                        • Oct 2003
                        • 3570

                        #12
                        Originally posted by orbital View Post
                        I think he has been banned due to his repeated racist rants against Asians and anyone not of British stock.
                        Is this true? it is a shame if he is. (banned, not the racist rants).

                        It is always good to have a strong opposing voice as it encourages people to form a stronger, more thought out reason for their point of view.

                        Comment

                        • Scott Miller
                          Mortgage Broker
                          • Jul 2006
                          • 302

                          #13
                          Someone must have something mildly controversial to say that'll get his attention.

                          Come on xris we miss you.
                          Scott Miller - Mortgage Broker
                          Ph: 03 980 4541 M: 021 34 36 48
                          AMS's website My email

                          Comment

                          • ream
                            Addicted
                            • May 2007
                            • 772

                            #14
                            We could start a new thread about one of his pet topics....now what were they again?

                            Comment

                            • spaceman
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2004
                              • 2817

                              #15
                              I'll have a crack ....

                              Originally posted by scoob View Post
                              Someone must have something mildly controversial to say that'll get his attention.

                              Come on xris we miss you.

                              Ha!!! Loser I obviously scared you away with this awesome dose of sarcasm.



                              Either that or it pushed you over the edge and you're on your way here fill me in.

                              Cheers
                              Spaceman.....PS I vote for "on holiday" ....as I like to think I'm too much the optimist for "dropped dead"
                              Last edited by spaceman; 06-06-2008, 05:16 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...