Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is It Time The Rest Of New Zealand Grew Some Balls !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your conspiracy theory deepens. Perhaps the quakes weren't as severe as you remembered from reading the article earlier.

Comment

Landlord 'vilified' over false quake claims
      CONVICTED OF FRAUD: Sally Mengtung Ye put in emergency repair claims for 12 properties owned by her, her partner, and her mother.
      Ye denied the charges of dishonestly using documents which were false invoices, many with her notations about payments made.
      She acknowledged that one had been signed off in the name of her cat.
      After the trial, she still maintains her innocence.

Comment

Originally posted by iwik View Post

But why on earth do you think you have to be in Ch-Ch ? The whole point of this topic was for New Zealanders to stand in unity.

As you have all seen for years protests here in Ch-Ch do nothing, like I said easier to snub 400,000 than 4,000000 people.
        Really? Snub 400,000 New Zealanders?

The government (taxpayers) has committed $15 billion to help Christchurch. That is no small sum.

And the proof is in the pudding: the National Party gained a comprehensive party vote in all of the Christchurch electorates. Clayton Cosgrove even lost his seat. That has to be the most convincing confirmation that Christchurch people approve the governments efforts.

Comment

Morning Iwik,stop complaining, and learn: Life is tough, nothing is easy, if you want something get out there and fight for it.Period.

Now earthquakes are natural disasters, and the government has money put aside on Government's Consolidated Funds for these things,which are an addition to insurance, so i dont see what more assistance do you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Propertytrader View Post
            Now earthquakes are natural disasters, and the government has money put aside on Government's Consolidated Funds for these things,which are an addition to insurance, so i dont see what more assistance do you need.
            4 years. No progress with repairs. Most of the time in limbo with EQC. Revived old thread with more ignorant posts. <sigh>

Comment

What's the holdup?
              My parents had their repairs done but they were cosmetic really.

Comment

The holdup imo is all the government 'help' we have received.

For me personally, I am waiting for foundation design. Before that, I was waiting for a second geotech report as the first one done by EQC could not be found. I'm sure the people got paid for the work. Anyway, that second geotech report took 12K extra from EQC. Luckly the government is prepared to pay for all this 'help'.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston001 View Post
                  Really? Snub 400,000 New Zealanders?

The government (taxpayers) has committed $15 billion to help Christchurch. That is no small sum.

And the proof is in the pudding: the National Party gained a comprehensive party vote in all of the Christchurch electorates. Clayton Cosgrove even lost his seat. That has to be the most convincing confirmation that Christchurch people approve the governments efforts.
                  No proof in the pudding when the ingredients not first class - better the devil you know - like labour was going to get voted in like
                  the rest of the country voiced. John Key needs to be firmer with insurance companies.

Originally posted by Propertytrader View Post
                  Morning Iwik,stop complaining, and learn: Life is tough, nothing is easy, if you want something get out there and fight for it.Period.
                  What a doom and gloomer you are with life is hard, nothing is easy ? You would have to be older than old school with
                  an attitude like that ? Smarter not harder how a few generations on from you look at life.

Its not about the money provided by the gov or insurance companies - its the speed of service !

Originally posted by DazRaz View Post
                  4 years. No progress with repairs. Most of the time in limbo with EQC. Revived old thread with more ignorant posts. <sigh>
                  I feel for you !

The nil replies are from people not in the game - akin to armchair sportsmen being an expert on a game they have never played.

Imagine where you would be today if kiwis around New Zealand had actually grown some balls ?

Comment

do you think

you'll ever

get over this tragedy?
                    have you defeated them?
                    your demons

Comment

Not as long as people keep replying to the thread me thinks.

Comment

About time !

Dalziel looking at asset sales for rebuild
                        The path to asset sales is likely to be cleared this week as the Christchurch City Council takes steps to raise money for the rebuild.

Councillors are expected to hold a special meeting on Friday to adopt a financial strategy that deals with the potential $900 million funding shortfall the council is facing over the next few years.
                        www.stuff.co.nz/national/63695778/dalziel-looking-at-asset-sales-for-rebuild

Comment

Bah. Central Govt has lumbered the council to a commitment to anchor projects in the CBD which the council can't afford and has been pressuring for asset sales. I'd rather they retained the assets and delays the projects. And ditch the social housing as that is an "asset" which costs way too much.

Comment

Originally posted by DazRaz View Post
                            Bah. Central Govt has lumbered the council to a commitment to anchor projects in the CBD which the council can't afford and has been pressuring for asset sales.
                            Bah.
                            They (CCHL) had no trouble paying a premium to Port Otago for their shares in Lyttelton Port just very recently.
                            Last edited by speights boy; 01-12-2014, 06:48 PM.

Comment

You are correct Daz, in so much as below ground should have priority over certain CBD "hi viz" projects.
                              I asked as much in post #67 six months ago.
                              However, if that Govt funding is now unconditional, then I believe City assets should be sold before asking taxpayers to pay more for sewer repairs.

Sewage city
                              Eight-billion litres of untreated wastewater, including raw sewage, has poured into Christchurch's waterways since the earthquakes.

Experts say unless more money is made available to fix the cracked underground pipes, the sewage leaks could continue for another 10 years.

Christchurch City Council water and waste manager Mark Christison said the council did not have enough money to fix the problem and unless it received a cash injection, the sewerage overflows were likely to continue.
                              Green Party MP Eugenie Sage said raw sewage pumping into waterways should be more of a priority to the Government than building "super-sized convention centres and stadiums".
                              www.stuff.co.nz/environment/63730449/Sewage-pouring-into-city-rivers
                              Last edited by speights boy; 02-12-2014, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by speights boy View Post
                                However, if that Govt funding is now unconditional, then I believe City assets should be sold before asking taxpayers to pay more for sewer repairs.
                                Central government want to help with the glamorous projects not the basic needs of the city. It's like offering a someone living in their car a free dessert if he pays for the main course. Hey, if you sell the car you can afford the main meal.

Comment

Working...
                                X