Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Precast Concrete for construction

Hi

I am looking for buying land and then use Precast Concrete for construction. Is it viable option? Anything to look for? or checklist for this? Suggestions please.

Thanks
    Mickey

Solution for Every Business Web | Mobile App Solution "Turning visions into digital realities with our Web and Mobile App Solutions." E-Commerce Solution

I'd have to ask why?
    More industrial really. Can be done but you would be looking for a commercial builder I suspect as a normal residential builder wouldn't have the experiance with precast concrete.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
      I'd have to ask why?
      More industrial really. Can be done but you would be looking for a commercial builder I suspect as a normal residential builder wouldn't have the experiance with precast concrete.
      Thanks Wayne.The sole reason is cost. As few people suggested that these are insulated and quick to build. And cheap to buy as well.

Comment

Originally posted by yaigesh View Post
        Thanks Wayne.The sole reason is cost. As few people suggested that these are insulated and quick to build. And cheap to buy as well.

Pre-cast is more expensive than traditional construction for house building.

Comment

as above more expensive than traditional only economical when firewall requirements are involved e.g. terraced housing or commercial buildings abutting other buildings

Comment

Have you guys seen this? http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/nation...d-four-accused

Six years of concrete fraud - four accused
            The Commission said the Chinese concrete panels were sold over a six-year period between 2007 and 2013 as the German-designed, Australian-manufactured brand Hebel.
            Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Took Hebel a long time to realise someone was selling their product but it wasn't theirs.

Comment

meanwhile

the precinct apartment building in downtown auckland, built 2006

is sagging enough in the middle for doors to jam and sheetrock to crack

presumably something not right about the pre-stressed? steel reinforced concrete

not supposed to happen

so were the steel rods not tensioned correctly?

has the wrong spec. steel been used?

or the wrong mix concrete?

a lot of cantilevered concrete on a very small footprint

Last edited by eri; 21-03-2017, 01:32 PM.
                have you defeated them?
                your demons

Comment

I came across these guys a while ago but have had no dealings with them. Looks impressive. http://www.litecretesystems.co.nz/#Featured

Comment

Originally posted by eri View Post
                    meanwhile

the precinct apartment building in downtown auckland, built 2006

is sagging enough in the middle for doors to jam and sheetrock to crack

presumably something not right about the pre-stressed? steel reinforced concrete

not supposed to happen

so were the steel rods not tensioned correctly?

has the wrong spec. steel been used?

or the wrong mix concrete?

a lot of cantilevered concrete on a very small footprint

http://www.apartments.co.nz/building...lsd?ref=FX1114
                    Man, buying an apartment is getting tricky.
                    Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Working...
                    X