Warehouse landlord says he was bullied by company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Perry View Post
    The Junkhouse (where everyone gets some garbage) has sunk a long way from some of it's early, pro-kiwi ethics pronouncements.
    Customers have shown that they don’t want pro-kiwi ethics. The Junkhouse was/is loosing market share to Sh..mart’s Asian sweatshop stores. Who needs to employ a local worker to run a checkout when the consumer would rather do the job themselves to save 10c on their T-shirt purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by Learning View Post
      Customers have shown that they don’t want pro-kiwi ethics. The Junkhouse was/is loosing market share to Sh..mart’s Asian sweatshop stores. Who needs to employ a local worker to run a checkout when the consumer would rather do the job themselves to save 10c on their T-shirt purchase.
      What? I have no idea what you just said. Sh..mart? Do you mean K Mart? And what are you saying about checkout?
      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Learning is right.

Everybody says they want kiwi ethics from companies. But when it comes to mass market businesses getting the majority to part with a few extra cents to cover the higher cost associated with being an ethical supplier the masses vote with their feet and dollars and head to the lowest cost provider.

The warehouse is getting flogged by Kmart who were a basket case themselves till they moved to a lowest. cost provider - cut their offering and pushed suppliers to lower their cost or be deleted.

To to be fair the choice to be ethical is not the only issue The Warehouse faces, Kmart do a far better job than the warehouse on many metrics so I doubt they'll be competitive even as a low cost provider but

Comment

Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
          Kmart do a far better job than the warehouse on many metrics so I doubt they'll be competitive even as a low cost provider but
          I live in the rural Manawatu. Can you tell me where the nearest Kmart is?

I know where the Warehouse is...

Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
          But when it comes to mass market businesses getting the majority to part with a few extra cents to cover the higher cost associated with being an ethical supplier the masses vote with their feet and dollars and head to the lowest cost provider.
          Pay heed residential landlords. You might think you are immune from the rules of business - while the banks might loan you money on outrageously good terms - you are further down the money flow chain...
          Last edited by PTWhatAGreatForum; 07-04-2018, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelNZ View Post
            I live in the rural Manawatu. Can you tell me where the nearest Kmart is?

I know where the Warehouse is...
            You're making my point for me. Thanks

As a low cost provider K Mart is not interested is small population bases, the mountain doesn't come to Muhammad.

They have 2 stores in Wellington and the 400k500k ppl of the greater wellington region travel to these stores specifically to shop there. I'm guessing a few stores maybe 4-5 across Auckland and potentially a store in one or two of the other large cities around the country.
            Last edited by Don't believe the Hype; 07-04-2018, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Open till Midnight, sell everything, quality is really good for the money. There are several similar chains in the USA. They make sh*t affordable for the masses.

Comment

I do find it funny Michael. You state you are not and have not been a property investor and you don't want to be, yet you make the most outlandish statements with such conviction at times. When in reality you have no clue. What buzz does that give you?

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzlevalve View Post
                  I do find it funny Michael. You state you are not and have not been a property investor and you don't want to be, yet you make the most outlandish statements with such conviction at times. When in reality you have no clue. What buzz does that give you?
                  I think MichaelNZ means well, but he's young. You're sure of things when you're young.

As you get older, you realise many things are more nuanced.

But yes, not sure why a guy who sells flags online comes on here and tells us we're all evil.
                  Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                    The Junkhouse (where everyone gets some garbage) has sunk a long way from some of it's early, pro-kiwi ethics pronouncements.
                    Customers have shown that they don’t want pro-kiwi ethics.
                    I don't believe it's that simple. Look at New World versus Pak 'n' Save.

Same parent, quite different pricing and presentation. New World customers pay more for the same and there does not seem to be any shortage of customers.

I suspect that the difference is demographical.

With both Pan 'n' Save and the Junkhouse.

Comment

Are there any New Worlds near Pac’n Save? For day to day supermarket shopping people tend to go to which ever one is closer/convenient. I think if NW and PnS were equal distance PnS would win hands down.

Comment

They both lose to Countdown. P and S having to self pack is a pain and New World just rip you off. Funnily enough we have 2 countdowns 200 metres apart and they are both packed most of the time!

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzlevalve View Post
                          Funnily enough we have 2 countdowns 200 metres apart
                          There’s a few places around like that. When Woolworths changed to Countdown they kept the stores despite being so close to each other. It makes some sense when you think about it, if they’d sold one of them, PnS or NW would have jumped in there and increased competition.
                          Last edited by Perry; 08-04-2018, 12:37 PM.

Comment

There’s a few places around like that. When Woolworths changed to Countdown they kept the stores despite being so close to each other. It makes some sense when you think about it, if they’d sold one of them, PnS or NW would have jumped in there and increased competition.
                            Papakura is like this. And they're both busy.
                            Last edited by Perry; 08-04-2018, 12:37 PM.
                            Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Working...
                            X