Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 Story Appartment Block - cost to build ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Story Appartment Block - cost to build ?

So what does it cost to build a 30 appartment block complex about 5 stories high these days ??

50m2 appartments.

How high can you go without lifts ?

Wait, gimme 5 minutes, I'll work it out...

Mate, this is an impossible question to answer. Other than "A lot."
    Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
      Wait, gimme 5 minutes, I'll work it out...

Mate, this is an impossible question to answer. Other than "A lot."
      Under 2m, 2m to 4m, 5m to 10m

Comment

5 storeys with no lifts? Who'd want to live there?

I think the $6000 per sqm rate was being bandied about a couple of years ago by CBD apartment developers.

Comment

Originally posted by AMR View Post
          5 storeys with no lifts? Who'd want to live there?

I think the $6000 per sqm rate was being bandied about a couple of years ago by CBD apartment developers.

Thats just building, not land ?

Comment

Hmm...that was the "replacement cost".

Rawlinsons has a square metre rate for building specficially.

Comment

I know someone who is pricing a 3 level apartment block in South Auckland right now.

They have engaged a QS and it is taking weeks and weeks of work.

It's quite variable from site to site too:

• Parking: Under the building? Outside? How many per apartment?
              • Hallways: Internal or external?
              • Windows: Need to provide a window in each bedroom and living area, how will this be laid out?

And then there's all the other unknowables like resource consent conditions etc.
              Squadly dinky do!

Comment

For the large amount of capital required to build this thing, might as well use it as deposit and buy many 2nd hand homes available now, and ride the current property boom over the next 2-3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by NovInvestor View Post
                  For the large amount of capital required to build this thing, might as well use it as deposit and buy many 2nd hand homes available now, and ride the current property boom over the next 2-3 years.
                  I just realised my crossleased property (on a 2,000m2 site with 3 other houses) is in the new plan is zoned for 4 story appartments in south auckland and has services close, as well as wide enough frontage to do it.
                  So I am buying another 1 on that site today.

Then I can buy the other 2 out.

In four years time, when Unitary Plan comes into affect, I can build 4 levels of appartments, say 24 ?
                  Or just sell the concept.

I have been looking at buying properties that could be amalgamated for apartment building, and had a few looks and almost bid on two.
                  And then I realise today, that I already own land with that "Proposed" zoning, funny aye.

Its all good fun, I might even get to play the evil developer sending the heavies around to beat up on some veteran aged property investor who refuses to sell to me

Comment

Haha hopefully by then some rich developer wants to pay you truck loads and buy the whole lot from you, then save you having to build it yourself.

And you will be rich and take all of us out for a steak dinner =)

Comment

Originally posted by NovInvestor View Post
                      Haha hopefully by then some rich developer wants to pay you truck loads and buy the whole lot from you, then save you having to build it yourself.

And you will be rich and take all of us out for a steak dinner =)
                      If it doesnt work I will add it to the list of my other evil master plans that didnt.
                      Tennis Pro, Sci Fi Writer.

If it does, I have anyone on this thread booked in my diary for a full steak dinner in June 2019.

Okay my purchase of number 2 just gone through, now have 2 others to chase up (and I was offered one of them 2 years ago and didnt take it).

Comment

Nor, Davo, AMR.
                        Actually Nor you are the only one I havent met yet

Comment

Originally posted by Bluekiwi View Post
                          Nor, Davo, AMR.
                          Actually Nor you are the only one I havent met yet

I'm sure we will meet one day

Comment

If it does, I have anyone on this thread booked in my diary for a full steak dinner in June 2019.
                            ...you didn't say anything about having to actually contribute BK, so I'm just posting for some steak
                            Last edited by Micholas; 27-06-2013, 03:54 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Micholas View Post
                              ...you didn't say anything about having to actually contribute BK, so I'm just posting for some steak
                              ... yeay ... looking forward to yummy steak
                              Derived from "Turbid" ..... akin to toxic Carbide(s) .... by adding "e" to "Turbid", we then have,
                              Turbide(s) = new alternative word for Scumbag(s) .. Thankfully, humanity's minority -
                              May 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X