Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any suggestions on small/medium property developers in Wellington?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any suggestions on small/medium property developers in Wellington?

First post and no experience in property development. Retired and looking to sell up and move to retirement community. Our section/house has good sized unused rear area with spectacular views 360 degree of wellington city and harbour entrance. Next door neighbour has same and is amenable to selling as well so as a parcel would offer lots of options. My question is can I get some suggestions as to developers/builders who can undertake a medium sized project 2-10 million is my wild guess. Thanks for any insight and or help.

Originally posted by retiredandpastit View Post
    First post and no experience in property development. Retired and looking to sell up and move to retirement community. Our section/house has good sized unused rear area with spectacular views 360 degree of wellington city and harbour entrance. Next door neighbour has same and is amenable to selling as well so as a parcel would offer lots of options. My question is can I get some suggestions as to developers/builders who can undertake a medium sized project 2-10 million is my wild guess. Thanks for any insight and or help.
    Is that a two ten million dollar stage developments ?
    A collegue of mine did a 102 unit residential development in Wellington a few years ago ...I could pass you over his number

Comment

Hi, thanks for your note/interest...no (well probably no) for the 2 times 10 million development. The space in my inexperienced opinion is going to be applicable for maybe 12 at most townhouses and or three/four up market homes. My gut tells me this is the sort of project for a builder with some financial backers and would be too small for your contact. However would like to speak directly with a developer or builder to get some professional eye to look regards to feasibility and or suitability. Its always nice to get recommendations from others who have been there and done that. Also we are not looking to fund or develop these properties for profit ourselves but looking to get some extra over our normal expected sale price. Obviously these projects require a lot of experience and knowledge to get the project priced, marketed and constructed towards the best outcome. I see profit to be made BUT I have no previous development experience (and no desire to be involved in one).
      Originally posted by Beano View Post
      Is that a two ten million dollar stage developments ?
      A collegue of mine did a 102 unit residential development in Wellington a few years ago ...I could pass you over his number

Comment

First-time poster. Long-time grateful reader of wise words from generous contributors to this site! We are interested to meet with you Retiredandpastit and explore your proposition. I have only just registered so I will find out how to make contact. I think we can PM each other, look forward to making contact!

Comment

:-) 4:3 to you thus far! In the meantime, how about a cuppa at Coolsville Cafe, 3 Moxham Ave, Hataitai 9.30am this Wed 18 July? I'll bring my specs (pardon pun) for vision!

Comment

Sounds good. That may be too cool for me but I'll try and find something appropriate to wear. I'll be wearing an olive toned Katmandu..(yes I know that aint cool but its the only thing I have post 1970) Obviously if you already have specs for the job you are a person of considerable vision so it sounds promising.
            Originally posted by Develop&Prosper View Post
            :-) 4:3 to you thus far! In the meantime, how about a cuppa at Coolsville Cafe, 3 Moxham Ave, Hataitai 9.30am this Wed 18 July? I'll bring my specs (pardon pun) for vision!

Comment

Nick Gentle, a regular poster on here, may be interested. He runs a property finding service.
              My blog. From personal experience.
              http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Hi I might be interested. I haven't done projects of this scale so it might be a bit too big however I have been renovating and redeveloping to hold inner city flats in Wellington for a few years and have been thinking about a small development project as a next phase. I am new at this and have a project on for the next 2-3 months so might be too slow to research and move on things for you but if interested please email nick [at] ifindproperty [dot] co [dot] nz.

N
                Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Thanks for your referral.
                  Originally posted by sidinz View Post
                  Nick Gentle, a regular poster on here, may be interested. He runs a property finding service.

Comment

Thank you for your interest (or possibility of in any case). You can contact me if you have specific experience and financial backing to handle ...my guess is 2-10 million as a starting point. :-)
                    Originally posted by Nick G View Post
                    Hi I might be interested. I haven't done projects of this scale so it might be a bit too big however I have been renovating and redeveloping to hold inner city flats in Wellington for a few years and have been thinking about a small development project as a next phase. I am new at this and have a project on for the next 2-3 months so might be too slow to research and move on things for you but if interested please email nick [at] ifindproperty [dot] co [dot] nz.

N

Comment

Working...
                    X