Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bob Kane View Post
    Ah, you want to keep them on the dole?
    So make them live where there are no jobs and they will always be on the dole.
    Brilliant!
    If they've spent two years on the dole in a city with plenty of available jobs and are not making the effort to get one of them then for sure move them on. Make room in the cities for people who want to work.

Comment

Ah, you want to keep them on the dole?
      So make them live where there are no jobs and they will always be on the dole.
      Brilliant!
      Good point, cut the dole after a maximum of 2 years, no I don't want to keep them on the dole

Comment

• The notion is politically untenable - plain and simple.

Comment

• This is why the nation is failing politically.
          We have no strong right wing party to partner National, no mates nats are screwed.

If ACT was strong enough to the right they might succeed, they need policy like this and such things as bringing back the death penalty.

We as a country are too soft and too stupid.

Instead of using prisoners to work on getting roads built quickly, they take 7 years and clog up the roads, spending millions on Cones and cone hire and reports.

Instead of planting 100's of thousands of fruit tree's to feed people, they plant natives, I mean WTF, how stupid.

Instead of widening the old farmers bus route, adding 50 buses and making it free, they spend billions on a central rail loop and **** up central Auckland business and traffic for multiple years.

It is financial Armageddon by a thousand cuts.

Comment

• I think that you have implicity identified the problem.

Once NZ had a left and right option.

The conservative (gNats) and labour.

A pro-business or a pro-labour.

A blue or a red.

Now, all we have is a turbid, faeces-like, in-the-middle-coloured, murky, malodorous brown.

I.e. the gNats trying to be Labour-like and Labour trying to look business-like.

No good has or can come of either false facade.

Nor will it ever.

The "I've been elected so I must be better / smarter / superior / more anointed than thou" syndrome is not just alive and well.

It's burgeoning.

And thus it has ever been.

Comment

• Instead of using prisoners to work on getting roads built quickly, they take 7 years and clog up the roads, spending millions on Cones and cone hire and reports.
              So if you were in the roading business you'd be happy to have this happen? This is the problem, whatever industry the prisoners are put into, get's stuffed because they can't win against the free labour.

Instead of planting 100's of thousands of fruit tree's to feed people, they plant natives, I mean WTF, how stupid.
              Biodiversity mate. It may not produce $$$ instantly, but we need much more of it.
              Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
                I think that you have implicity identified the problem.

Once NZ had a left and right option.

The conservative (gNats) and labour.

A pro-business or a pro-labour.

A blue or a red.

Now, all we have is a turbid, faeces-like, in-the-middle-coloured, murky, malodorous brown.

I.e. the gNats trying to be Labour-like and Labour trying to look business-like.

No good has or can come of either false facade.
                This was the predicted outcome when MMP was introduced.
                A watered down, middle of the road consensus.
                Basically we've got a series of do-nothing governments.
                Who supports MMP these days?

Comment

• What is this whole Nats vs Labour thing about anyway?

What do they stand for? Really?

Red vs Blue?

What is at the heart of it?

How did it all start?

And where?

How do you pick a side?

And the government, the structure of it?

Is it a third force on its own?

It's structure exists and functions the same regardless, no matter if it has a red or blue tie on that day?

Comment

This was the predicted outcome when MMP was introduced.
                    A watered down, middle of the road consensus.
                    Basically we've got a series of do-nothing governments.
                    Who supports MMP these days?
                    MMP may have exacerbated the trend, but I don't lay the primary blame with that change. The contest for the middle-of-the-road-political-spectrum thing started before MMP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluekiwi View Post
                      Only give the dole and accommodation supplement out for 2 years max in Auckland, then if they want to stay on govt support.
                      They have to move to a small town with over supply of housing.
                      Which presents a problem - after they move there, how do you ensure that they stay there?
                      Just get a cuzzy to collect the mail and pass it back up to the big city, take the $1 bus back down to the town when WINZ wants to see you.
                      Easy peezzy.

Comment

• you've got to realise

labour's remit

it to expand benefits for all

presumably to be paid for by a very few frogs (net tax payers)

who won't notice the temp of the pot increasing (increasing taxes)

i'm picking people aren't frogs

and they'll jump

before they're cooked
                        have you defeated them?
                        your demons

Comment

• Originally posted by eri View Post
                          you've got to realise

labour's remit

it to expand benefits for all

presumably to be paid for by a very few frogs (net tax payers)

who won't notice the temp of the pot increasing (increasing taxes)

i'm picking people aren't frogs

and they'll jump

before they're cooked
                          Yessss and like National they want to import as many low-skilled workers as possible to keep wages down for businesses.
                          Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• Originally posted by flyernzl View Post
                            Which presents a problem - after they move there, how do you ensure that they stay there?
                            Just get a cuzzy to collect the mail and pass it back up to the big city, take the $1 bus back down to the town when WINZ wants to see you.
                            Easy peezzy.
                            But they won't be getting an accomodation supplement so a save there.
                            No emergency grants either.

Comment

• Originally posted by PTILoveYou View Post
                              Chinese sharemarket will crash sometime this year...
                              Three years and six months on and what are the signs for November 2019?

Comment

• interestingly

this week the american yield curve flipped back to positive

while it was always only another "reading of the tea leaves"

like Orr's recent decision to NOT lower the OCR

it's a better sign of a looming lost decades (japanese style)

than incipient chaos

we live in interesting times

speaking of which

have just opened a letter from david seymor inviting me to hear Orr speak next month in remuera

presumably because david's my local mp and he wants both my votes next election

why me and not the other 2 registered voters in the house?

has ACT paid for some data matching???
                                Last edited by eri; 16-11-2019, 03:40 PM.
                                have you defeated them?
                                your demons

Comment

Working...
                                X