Covid-19 Economic & General Effects for PIs & PMs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeffa View Post
    You guys are looking at this situation all wrong..Im so excited about this beer virus!!..while you are all feeling sorry for yourself Im already in talks with vendors..im sneaking out of my prison to see an investment property next week!...$$$
    An essential activity?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffa View Post
      You guys are looking at this situation all wrong..Im so excited about this beer virus!!..while you are all feeling sorry for yourself Im already in talks with vendors..im sneaking out of my prison to see an investment property next week!...$$$
      Beer virus (giggles to one self) you are naughty going against the current control narrative. Shame on you!
      "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
        An essential activity?
        Essential for my net worth $

Comment

In general, it's simple.

Originally posted by Frezzinghot View Post
          I really think this comes from the government, what is so wrong with mum and dad investors saving for their retirement, the government mistakenly sees this as greed and not a forced retirement fund. They want everyone the same unless you are uber rich in that case you are too smart for the commies.
          The sociopathic-commies don't want people to think for themselves. That's a danger to them;
          People who look after themselves and their future don't vote for the sociopathic-commies;
          Rather than lift up those at the bottom, (as they say), the sociopathic-commies actually want to drag down those at the top;
          Because that's where the people are who vote for the sociopathic-commies.

The last thing the sociopathic-commies want to do is to socially engineer themselves into redundancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
            The sociopathic-commies don't want people to think for themselves. That's a danger to them;
            People who look after themselves and their future don't vote for the sociopathic-commies;
            Rather than lift up those at the bottom, (as they say), the sociopathic-commies actually want to drag down those at the top;
            Because that's where the people are who vote for the sociopathic-commies.

The last thing the sociopathic-commies want to do is to socially engineer themselves into redundancy.
            And what has become even more important is to not rely on governments, bankers and anyone associated with them moving forward, hard to do without borrowing unless you are self made. (insert elites)
            "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
              Aha Keys play the man, not the ball. Anything away from that is not constructive.
              Absolutely valid statement. I formally apologize for my comments. Let us discuss the issue of essential services then. Given that some tenants survive without ever mowing their lawns, how can you categorize lawn mowing as essential?

www.3888444.co.nz
              Facebook Page

Comment

The Aussies say Hairdressing is an essential service and get this - you were allowed in the salon for 30 mins and people complained it wasn't long enough so Scott has taken that time restriction away - WT..

cheers,

Donna
                Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Originally posted by Frezzinghot View Post
                  And what has become even more important is to not rely on governments, bankers and anyone associated with them moving forward, hard to do without borrowing unless you are self made. (insert elites)
                  Banks and bankers go with whatever the government of the day is.
                  They are totally apolitical and bmoneyed.

Comment

Vacancy due to lockdown

I have a vacant property which has been advertised for rent but due to the lockdown now, there won't be a chance to get anyone in for the foreseeable future, at least 8 weeks. I haven't read anywhere about this case - is it something that could be claimed insurance or is there something that the government can help with?

Thanks.

Comment

• Thanks Keys.

I offer a lawn and garden service which is usually included in the TA. This is due to the fact that I've had problems in the past with tenants that say they'll take care of the lawns themselves.
                      It can become somewhat of a health and safety issue if the lawns and garden are left unattended for sometime. They become out of kilter with the rest of the property and then out of bounds, unusable. That's where my thinking and experience lies.

It's early days yet but unless the service contractor resumes, I'm not sure what I will need to do. Possibly borrow a lawnmower and do it myself.
                      It seems odd if the council have cancelled their own lawnmowing for the reserves and parks. It's going to look a real mess sooner or later if that's the case.

As for Covid-19 here are some thoughts that may be better established in another thread at some stage :

let's get some perspective

Current stats 28.3.20 on Covid-19, of countries close to 0% death rate :

Saudi Arabia 562 cases 0 deaths

Singapore 732 cases 2 deaths

Iceland 802 cases 1 death

Australia 3166 cases 13 deaths

South Africa 1170 cases 2 deaths

Qatar 549 cases 0 deaths

NZ 451 cases 0 deaths

Interestingly Iceland has no lockdown, just an advisory to stay home if possible. This is I believe the best route for NZ to take.

Then in contrast Ireland 1819 cases, 19 deaths.. Still only around 2% fatality rate. Greater aged population again.

Italy and Spain have large aged populations. Virtually All those dying had compromised health situations. Northern Italy where most cases were reported has a huge smog problem similar to Wuhan. The virus attacks the respiratory system. Italy has 3x respiratory problems than anywhere else in europe.

Can you now see a better perspective and realise the lockdown imposed will cost hundreds of more lives than the virus itself as job loss, economy collapse, depression, suicides, postponed elective surgery etc?

Comment

• Originally posted by bpkeng View Post
                        I have a vacant property which has been advertised for rent but due to the lockdown now, there won't be a chance to get anyone in for the foreseeable future, at least 8 weeks. I haven't read anywhere about this case - is it something that could be claimed insurance or is there something that the government can help with?

Thanks.
                        Have you read your insurance policy ?
                        Every policy is different so we can't comment.
                        Yes the government and the banks have worked out something to help you .
                        Apply for a mortgage holiday or loan .
                        That will assist your cash shortfall

Comment

• Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
                          Thanks Keys.

I offer a lawn and garden service which is usually included in the TA. This is due to the fact that I've had problems in the past with tenants that say they'll take care of the lawns themselves.
                          It can become somewhat of a health and safety issue if the lawns and garden are left unattended for sometime. They become out of kilter with the rest of the property and then out of bounds, unusable. That's where my thinking and experience lies.
                          Agreed, the lawns can get high. It is almost April and we are approaching the colder months. I suggest it would be an unusual lawn which grew 30cm in the next few months.

One of my jobs is an essential service. I see what essential is all the time. Under the circumstances whereby grieving relatives are forbidden to see their loved ones to the grave, mowing lawns is way down there. Health and safety is an oft used excuse for getting one's own way. Running in long grass is fine. No health and safety issues unless someone leaves a trap in the "meadow".

www.3888444.co.nz
                          Facebook Page

Comment

• Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
                            Current stats 28.3.20 on Covid-19, of countries close to 0% death rate :
                            Saudi Arabia 562 cases 0 deaths
                            Singapore 732 cases 2 deaths
                            Iceland 802 cases 1 death
                            Australia 3166 cases 13 deaths
                            South Africa 1170 cases 2 deaths
                            Qatar 549 cases 0 deaths
                            NZ 451 cases 0 deaths
                            All the stats are a week old. Every person testing positive today was infected a week ago. How many new people have these new cases infected between then and now?

From the 100 cases NZ had a week ago two people are in ICU today.
                            Of the 450 cases we have today 9-12 will need ICU beds next week.
                            How many new cases next week will need ventilators and ICU beds the week after that?

We have only so many ICU beds and ventilators. Once a critical patient's hooked up they're on it for two-three weeks. What happens when there's more critical patients than ventilators?

The lockdown limits the spread drastically. The longer people ignore the rules the more damage to the economy, job losses, economy collapse, depression, suicides, postponed elective surgeries, etc.

Trump is trying to put the economy ahead of the virus. How will that work when a quarter of his workforce is sick in bed. 16,800 new cases on Wednesday. 18,500 yesterday.

Fix the virus first. Then fix the economy.

Comment

• Looking at the covid19 clock we can see that the death rate is comparable to the common flu. The actual death rate is between 0 to 0.2%, incredibly small for the following countries:Iceland, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Singapore, Sth AFRICA, Australia. NZ.. Other countries like Italy and Spain only have much higher death rates due to their much greater ageing population and many preexisting health conditions, coupled with bad smog in Northern Italy where most of the cases were reported. Italy has 3x respiratory problems as other European countries.

The lockdown in NZ will cause us much greater deaths and business failure. This Govt like many others around the world have bought into the hysteria

Daily and weekly updated statistics tracking the number of COVID-19 cases, recovered, and deaths. Historical data with cumulative charts, graphs, and updates.

Comment

Working...
                              X