X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• typical sleazy Dunedin Landlord on Campbell Live

whats the bet the "previous" tenant was a set up, 31k a year for this tip

And people pay!
    I thought there were spare flats in Dunedin at the moment?

Comment

''Why would you look in that cupboard if its to small to go in''(gotta be joking)
      And just like majic-after Cambel live--repairs done.
      That old ''best defense is offense'' sure looks dicey in this case.
      And our reputation as landlords gets further soiled.

Only downside is that other tenants may get the idea that its fair game to withhold rent if they think anything doesnt stack up,even with good landlords.
      Last edited by skid; 25-03-2014, 09:23 AM.

Comment

I also liked the bit where he was too busy to fix the window - just get it done!
        Make the phone call and get someone in if you are too busy to do it yourself.

It was also interesting he felt it was the girls who had messed it up. Maybe they took all the light bulbs as a setup.
        And pulled a couple of light fittings off and threw a few maggots around for good measure.

Comment

Yeah call me racist, but this is an immigrant problem. I dunno where that guy comes from, but wherever it is, a house like that is probably a palace. And so he can't understand the problem.

Multiculturalism is both good an bad.
          Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
            Yeah call me racist,
            You're a racist!
            There you go

Comment

but this is an immigrant problem.
              It isn't you know - it's a 'what I can get away with' problem.
              Can't tell me all the shit flats in Dunedin and the rest of NZ are all owned by immigrants!
              Though the one my son is in in Christchurch is owned by an Asian dude (may have lived here for quite a while though).

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                And people pay!
                I thought there were spare flats in Dunedin at the moment?
                there are but these students would have signed up for this place last october probably expecting the place clean and tidy, obviously the LL didnt check it, or if he did he obviously didnt clean it, be interesting to see if he managed to hold the previous tenants bond

Comment

Saw that and the question that was begging to be asked was "Why didn't you inspect and repair the flat before the girls moved in?"

My daughter is flatting in Dunedin and has had good landlords so far but if she ended up in a flat like that I'd have intervened in a fierce way. Maggots. Broken windows. That isn't rocket science to detect or fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Winston001 View Post
                    Saw that and the question that was begging to be asked was "Why didn't you inspect and repair the flat before the girls moved in?"
                    He said he did but that was obviously bull.
                    That's about the stage he blamed the girls.
                    Obviously a setup and the media were just out to get him!

Comment

This sort of thing really annoys me. Both sides at fault.

The Landlord for not knowing the business that he is in, and not carrying out the repairs that he must have known were necessary.

The tenants for accepting the rental in the first place, and then for not using the powers available to them under the RTA to get things done.

All of this gives the industry such a bad name.

Comment

What a load of bull he inspected before they moved in! Totally agree with Wayne the landlord is just trying to see how much he can get away with. It's ridiculous and guys like this give good, reliable landlords a bad reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson82 View Post
                          What a load of bull he inspected before they moved in! Totally agree with Wayne the landlord is just trying to see how much he can get away with. It's ridiculous and guys like this give good, reliable landlords a bad reputation.
                          Agree, he is more correctly termed a slumlord.

Comment

Yeah call me racist, but this is an immigrant problem. I dunno where that guy comes from, but wherever it is, a house like that is probably a palace. And so he can't understand the problem.

Multiculturalism is both good an bad.
                            What a load of crap! Im an Immigrant - and my rentals are in a much better state than that of some Kiwis I could name. And as I have had to clean up after several born and bred Kiwi tenants who would also see that crap hole as a palace given the state they keep leaving my rental in - apparently you also have a rose tinted and equally ignorant view of your own people.

So yes - that's a completely racist, lazy and ignorant comment to make. He may be a slum lord - but that has absolutely nothing to do with where he was born, and everything to do with him being an unethical lazy scumbag. Like a lot of Kiwi landlords.

Comment

Originally posted by Avalon View Post
                              What a load of crap! Im an Immigrant - and my rentals are in a much better state than that of some Kiwis I could name. And as I have had to clean up after several born and bred Kiwi tenants who would also see that crap hole as a palace given the state they keep leaving my rental in - apparently you also have a rose tinted and equally ignorant view of your own people.

So yes - that's a completely racist, lazy and ignorant comment to make. He may be a slum lord - but that has absolutely nothing to do with where he was born, and everything to do with him being an unethical lazy scumbag. Like a lot of Kiwi landlords.
                              Righty ho, feeling righteous enough now?

You're from England right?

Look, the fact is, 4 billion people on this earth don't even have a reliable electricity supply. So many, many of the people coming to NZ are coming here because it's a better place than their homeland. I'm talking India, China, most Asian, African or Middle Eastern countries.

It's not their fault, but their countries aren't run nearly as well as NZ is. And they come over here and expect things to run in the same way as back home. Which is probably a fair enough assumption or expectation.

Take this as an example: http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/bett...-service-probe. This is a Chinese assignment providing service - illegally.

Now did we have these a few years ago? Is it wrong of me to say it's a Chinese thing that they have brought here? When that's clearly the case?

Yes that landlord is a total slimer. But this is probably the way things are done back in his home country, wherever that is.
                              Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Working...
                              X