Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone changed their supermarket shopping habits lately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone changed their supermarket shopping habits lately?

I have.
    When Countdown stopped providing plastic bags, I started shopping at PaknSave.

I've been using non throw-away bags for several years, now, so no change.

Comment

Yep... moved to home delivery. Far easier and the timesaving more than justifies the $8 (I think) delivery fee.

they recently moved to shipping goods in paper bags.

Why are they not offering paper bags instore?

Comment

They don’t give you bags either and you have to pack your own. Can’t see the advantage! Why don’t you just take some bags with you and save a bit of plastic waste?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kane View Post
          I have.
          Dick move mate.
          Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Noe, no change here - why would I?

Comment

I have.
              In my area pak'nsave don't provide plastic bags either.

As of Jan 1 2019. All pak'nsave stores will be single use plastic bag free also

Comment

Usual BS

Isn't the 'single use' thing daft?!

Kitchen Tidy liners; disposable gloves; rain hat; doggy-pooper-scooper; on and on . . .

Even when I was not using the non-disposable, no grocery plastic bag was ever used only once in our house.

Comment

The plastic packaging in the bag is far more than the bag itself, however any step towards reducing single use plastics in the world is very welcome.

In my social set those who grumble about it tend to be older folks who will moan about anything. If change was bad we'd still be using leaded petrol.
                  Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

You can add condoms to your list perry... not sure I’d be keen on the multi use variety

Comment

Originally posted by Nick G View Post
                      The plastic packaging in the bag is far more than the bag itself, however any step towards reducing single use plastics in the world is very welcome.

In my social set those who grumble about it tend to be older folks who will moan about anything. If change was bad we'd still be using leaded petrol.
                      Oh but nothing wrong with a bit of lead... I think... hold on what was I saying?

Yeah look it's got to be done. Plastic is everywhere. We used to get buy with paper.
                      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                        Dick move mate.
                        I'll take that as a seminal message of support.
                        Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkeye View Post
                          They don’t give you bags either and you have to pack your own. Can’t see the advantage! Why don’t you just take some bags with you and save a bit of plastic waste?
                          Got in the habit of taking all the plastic shopping bags and using them as bin liners. Double use.
                          Now, with no plastic bags, I'll have to buy plastic bin liners.
                          So the total rubbish output from my home won't change.
                          Where is the benefit?
                          Countdown have introduced a disruptor - now I have to review how I shop for groceries.
                          What is the benefit to me when Countdown stops supplying plastic bags?
                          I can't think of any so I'm trying another supermarket which has plastic bags.
                          In doing so, I've discovered some PaknSave prices are cheaper than Countdown.
                          Unintended consequences.

Comment

The plastic packaging in the bag is far more than the bag itself,...
                            Countdown seem to ignore that point as they brag about how responsible they are.

They're probably moaning about Phil Twyford and his RTA amendments as well.

ps noticed your name mentioned in the weekend papers.
                            Last edited by Bob Kane; 29-10-2018, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Countdown seem to ignore that point as they brag about how responsible they are.

They're probably moaning about Phil Twyford and his RTA amendments as well......
                              And moaning about the 'new and improved' Wellington bus service. (Count me in on that one!)

Comment

Working...
                              X