• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Which are the Best & Worst Councils?

JUDGEMENT DAY FOR NEW ZEALAND COUNCILS!

TV2's hit show for home owners, My House My Castle, is running NZ's first-ever Best & Worst Councils Awards.

Our quick and confidential survey gives ratepayers the chance to deliver brickbats or bouquets to their city or district council, and to ultimately find out how theirs compares with the rest.

All participants go into the draw to win a one year subscriptioin to Your Home & Garden magazine, worth $54.95

Please take the time to fill out the survey at: www.touchdowntv.net/MyHouseMyCastleCouncil.aspx
    (A printer friendly version can be found there too).

A few conditions
    - only home owners can answer the six multichoice questions knowledgably (sorry renters)
    - you must currently reside in that council's area, and only one entry per person please
    - council employees and their familes cannot enter!

Results will be revealed - and the awards presented - when My House My Castle returns to TV2 in mid-2007

" Best Council" ?????

Surely that is an Oxymoron?

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by House Castle View Post
    JUDGEMENT DAY FOR NEW ZEALAND COUNCILS!

A few conditions
    - only home owners can answer the six multichoice questions knowledgably (sorry renters)
    - you must currently reside in that council's area, and only one entry per person please
    - council employees and their familes cannot enter!
    Six multichoice questions?
    You have to fill out a page of questions before you get to the 'real' questions!
    I looked at all the contact details and stopped there - too hard, can't be bothered.
    I don't jump through hoops.
    Ride a bike, maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    Six multichoice questions?
    You have to fill out a page of questions before you get to the 'real' questions!
    I looked at all the contact details and stopped there - too hard, can't be bothered.
    I don't jump through hoops.
    Ride a bike, maybe.
    Me too. It went into the 'I dont have time for this' basket.

You two (above) sound like you work for the councils - they also put things in the Too Hard Basket, e.g. "Too hard to fix the roads" or "Too hard to budget so let's just hike rates".. You probably also work for their PR departments - trying to put others off completing the survey by saying that filling in your Name, Address & Email is "Too Hard" !! (Actually they're to ensure we don't get multiple entries from council employees like you two, and so we can give away the 5 x magazine subscriptions...)
    Last edited by House Castle; 07-03-2007 at 10:00 AM.

Default Questionnaire

You two (above) sound like you work for the councils - they also put things in the Too Hard Basket, e.g. "Too hard to fix the roads" or "Too hard to budget so let's just hike rates".. You probably also work for their PR departments - trying to put others off completing the survey by saying that filling in your Name, Address & Email is "Too Hard" !! (Actually they're to ensure we don't get multiple entries from council employees like you two, and so we can give away the 5 x magazine subscriptions...)
    What!!! Just because a couple of people don't agree with your questionnaire and the way it is structured, it is not a reason to liken them to Council workers (which they may or may not be).

Maybe you should have spent more time looking at the structure (being pro-active) instead of condemning forumites on this site (re-active).

Forumites are often more than happy to help individuals & institutions.

And 5 x magazines subscriptions - oh please!!!! If we wanted the subscription, we'd buy the b***** thing ourselves.
    Patience is a virtue.

Looks like someone's lacking a sense of humour...!

Jeez House Castle, you sound like a stupid person who expects everyone to run around after you.
    Sorry mate.
    You're not that important.
    And nor is your shallow tv show.

Quote Originally Posted by tricky View Post
    Jeez House Castle, you sound like a stupid person who expects everyone to run around after you.
    Sorry mate.
    You're not that important.
    And nor is your shallow tv show.
    Your response indicates that you're the one who's not too bright...

For the more intelligent of you out there, we do not "expect" anyone to "run around" after us. It's simply a quick survey for people who want to rate their council.
    A good sense of humour appears to be a prerequisite..!

Boy, you're really going to win fans with that attitude.
    Keep it up, dipstick.
    It'll be fun to hurl insults at you all afternoon instead of writing the ol' PR spiel for the council.

Thread Information