Who's done what with their Wealth Dynamics Profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's done what with their Wealth Dynamics Profile

Earlier this year (I think) a whole bunch of people did the Roger Hamilton Wealth Dynamics weekend and found out what their profile is.

I did the online evaluation a few months back but had filed it away and completely forgotten about it. Happened to pull it out again last night when I was considering a few ideas / opportunities. It was great to remind me where me strengths are, but aparet from that I haven't done a thing with it.

For others who have discovered their profile through Roger Hamilton - what have you done because of it. Did it help or did you do anything differently? Are you better off now because of that?

Gerrard

Hi Gerrard,

I came out as a Lord, which implies that I like control, not ownership, of assets.

However, I have struggled with what this means, and so have put it to one side for the time being - it seems that if I were a Deal Maker or a Trader or most of the other profiles, the courses of action available are clearer (possible exception being 'supporter').

Doing the GBI course, however, has given me a toolbox of skills that are about control and ownership, so maybe I'll make some progress now.

Watch this space.......

cube
    DFTBA

Comment

Marc is a 'Lord/Mechanic' (equal in both) and that is a fitting profile as he loves creating systems, tinkering with them to perfection.

I'm a 'Star' profile with secondary profile strengths in 'creator' and 'supporter '. So I've learnt that my focus is "what is the idea?", "who wants it?" and Marc is the "how does it work?"

Cheers,

Donna
      Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Hi Gerrard,
        I think this was a worthwhile thread and good on you for starting it. I was considering doing this profiling at one point. It would have been really interesting to see if anyone had taken the information and acted on it. ie adapted their investing style or changed their approach to doing business etc.
        The fact that so few people responded to your thread, and those that did had essentially shelved the info speaks volumes. I wonder if this is because its not clear what one should do with the info, or whether the info is just not that useful?

It reminds me of some Human Resource style exercises that we did at work a few years ago on peoples personal communication styles. All very interesting, but at the end of the day it was just a distraction from the real work. A kind of attempted justification for the existence of HR dept. (I work for an ex-govt dept, so there are no end of pointless HR-appointed consultants wandering about).

Anyhow back to the point- it would be interesting to hear if you discover any positive benefits. Personally I do believe that understanding our own strong points and weaknesses is extremely valuable, so that there ought to be some benefit somewhere, but labelling pigeonholes may not be the way to go.

Hope I havent rambled too much
        cheers
        Tim

Comment

To throw a slightly different slant on this I equate it to personality profiling.
          We all want to know what our natural strengths are or what our best path to success is. That is fair enough and may be of some benefit.
          But Ibelieve that we are created to be whole people. People that can adapt to situations and overcome them. So instead of using something like wealth profiling and saying "these are my strengths, I'll focus on this" I believe we should be saying, "I am weak in these 5 or 6 or 7 areas and really strong here. I must focus on and work on my areas of weakness so I become a whole person"

For me I am great at dealmaking and being a people person. I am crap at detail and analysis. So to be successful I need to improve my attention to detail and learn to utilise my left brain more. This will make me more successful and just a better balanced person. If I focus on the deals and the networking I will become increasingly dangerous to myself and the armies of people i will need to pick up after me because I am not "normal" or well rounded.

This is why I believe understanding your risk profile is so much more important than your wealth or personality profile. You can call yourself a lord or a star or whatever but it is your fear and risk aversion that will control your ability to invest, not your personality IMHO.

Comment

I haven't done the wealth dynamics yet but I have got a lot out of personality profiling that I have done in the past. It helped me to understand how I operate (or perhaps more acurately, my natural preferences for how I operate) and more importantly, that people are different in how they view the world, make decisions etc etc. This can be very useful when in a relationship!!

John

Comment

i agree Donna, no problem with that. i thnk it's great. My point was more to not use our weaknesses as an excuse to not improve in those areas.

Comment

I deleted that message as it wasn't written well - what I was trying to say is, for isolating the task of 'building wealth' I like Roger's Wealth Profile as it suggests first we find what we are good at then we focus on that skill for the easiest path to wealth. We surround ourselves with people that can do the tasks we can not and everyone is happy and on the road to wealth.

Umm hopefully that makes sense.

Donna
                Last edited by donna; 12-11-2006, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Hi Guys

I've got a Wealth Profile somewhere.

Had to laugh when I first read it because there were some very true points made.

Regards
                  "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

I did mine and I am a star, which made sense to me when i thought about things, because although I do trade and make deals i usually just put them together for people and use others to do most of the work, i dont do any of my own bookwork, dont even understand how alot of it works but i dont need to I can use others who do know.
                    I know I am happiest in my star role though as I really like getting out and telling my story so there is the star in me. Actually for me star was my strongest but I had a bit of everything in there and I guess that makes sense as I do have a basic understanding of how it all works.

I dont know that it as useful doing it on line as actually doing it at a wealth dynamics weekend, at the weekend you could well find others who would support you in your mission so could team up with them, i havent made one yet as everytime they have been on either here in NZ or in Australia I have had something else on, might make it next year though at this point I am free, just waiting on a date for something else though which I need to go to and if it doesnt clash which is looking like it may not by the indication I have been given I will be there,

Interesting Donna, My husband has not done his profile but I think he is a lord/mechanic too.

Comment

Originally posted by pooomba View Post
                      To throw a slightly different slant on this I equate it to personality profiling.
                      We all want to know what our natural strengths are or what our best path to success is. That is fair enough and may be of some benefit.
                      But Ibelieve that we are created to be whole people. People that can adapt to situations and overcome them. So instead of using something like wealth profiling and saying "these are my strengths, I'll focus on this" I believe we should be saying, "I am weak in these 5 or 6 or 7 areas and really strong here. I must focus on and work on my areas of weakness so I become a whole person"

For me I am great at dealmaking and being a people person. I am crap at detail and analysis. So to be successful I need to improve my attention to detail and learn to utilise my left brain more. This will make me more successful and just a better balanced person. If I focus on the deals and the networking I will become increasingly dangerous to myself and the armies of people i will need to pick up after me because I am not "normal" or well rounded.

This is why I believe understanding your risk profile is so much more important than your wealth or personality profile. You can call yourself a lord or a star or whatever but it is your fear and risk aversion that will control your ability to invest, not your personality IMHO.
                      Dean, I'm sure Mr Hamilton would agree with you 100%.

The WD Weekend is about identifying the areas in your life that are weak, and working on them - part of that is identifying what you are good and bad at, so that you can focus on filling the gaps. You do that either by adding to your team or by upskilling yourself.

The message was definitely one of performing well in all areas of you life/business/relationships - not focussing on what you are already good at.

The purpose of the Wealth Profile is to allow people to put a simple label on what they are naturally good at, so that they can be aware that they don't need help in that area.

Knowing what you are good at is easy - being aware of all the other things that you aren't good at is where the work is done - you don't know what you don't know.

cube
                      DFTBA

Comment

umm being the 'star' I probably missed the part about 'improving your skills in weaker areas'.....I got the bit about teaming up with other profiles to get the full set of skills.

Probably our interpretations come from our personalities too where there are extrovert and introvert profiles. Someone on the extrovert side (Creator, Star, Supporter, Deal Maker) more than likely look at situations/problems outwardly or external of themeselves and ask the question 'what or who do I need to make this happen or solve this problem?'

For profiles on the introvert side (mechanic, lord, accumulator) a more internal or inward focus would more than likely result where solving the problem without external help is the first choice and the question is 'How can I solve this problem, what do I need to do?

So an extrovert immediately seeks to team up with others to get the full compliment of skills and an introvert naturally looks to build up their weaker areas as a first choice rather than team up with others externally.

There are different types of introvert and extrovert too - just to throw a spanner in the works. There are loud and quiet extroverts and loud and quiet introverts making it sometimes difficult to work out what the heck you are or what other people are.

Just my 10 cents worth.

Cheers,

Donna
                        Last edited by donna; 13-11-2006, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Interesting perspective, Donna - I hadn't thought of it from the Star's point of view.

cube
                          DFTBA

Comment

umm being the 'star' I probably missed the part about 'improving your skills in weaker areas'.....I got the bit about teaming up with other profiles to get the full set of skills.
                            Sounds like the smartest way to improve your areas of weakness if you ask me. Don't try to be everything yourself - use the people who get excited doing those kinds of things.

Dean - I think you made a blog post recently on that subject: If you struggle with finding properties / negotiating / etc then use a property finder. It's nothing to be ashamed of - simply recognises that different things work for different people.

Gerrard

Comment

Great Deal

We've got a great deal worked out for those of you that want to know more about the profiling - click here

You'll need to be registered to view this PropertyTalk Deal.

It's all systems go! Enjoy and let us know what you make of your profile.

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

Working...
                              X