Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'New Posts' Option

Hi,

When I click on 'new posts', I get a list of new posts since I last was here, and then a list of older posts that I haven't read. All good so far.

However, if I look at a new post, and then click on 'new posts' again, the post I wasa looking at has disappered. This can be annoying if I had gone off to look at another thread (e.g. searching for a link to put in response to the first thread), because I then have to search for the 'new' thread again.

Is it possible to have the 'read' new threads still listed, but un-bolded?

Thanks

cube

P.S. Especially relevant when moderating, as I'll read the moderator's thread, then look at the original post, and then have to get back to the moderator's thread to post my comments.
    DFTBA

Hi Cube,

The only way I have found around this problem, is to then click on "Quick Links" followed by "Today's Posts" on the drop down menu.

This will then list the threads in bold or un-bold (if read). Once I have finished with that thread, it's back to "New Posts".

Hope that helps (a little!)

G
    Premium Villa Holidays in Turkey

Comment

Hi, I always hit the new posts button when I first come in to PT. Then I always have hit the back button after I have read the thread, it is bit of a pain if it goes into two or more pages. But the whole lists will remain visible all the time and you can come back to them as you wish. After reading what I wish to, I hit the mark post read on the quick links button as I exit PT.

Comment

Originally posted by revdev View Post
        Hi Cube,

The only way I have found around this problem, is to then click on "Quick Links" followed by "Today's Posts" on the drop down menu.

This will then list the threads in bold or un-bold (if read). Once I have finished with that thread, it's back to "New Posts".

Hope that helps (a little!)

G
        Thanks rev - that's ideal.

cube
        DFTBA

Comment

Hi Cube

Or you could use firefox and open all the new posts in new tabs... That helps alot with the moderatoring since you can switch back and forth.

David
          New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

Comment

I do use firefox, but have enough tabs open at one time as it is. It doesn't take much for me to get lost!
            DFTBA

Comment

You could always download the decaying tab extension, that adds some panic into the mix!

David
              New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

Comment

Working...
              X