Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenancy Tribunal applications now available on-line

Hi,

Looks like the Dept of Housing have been doing lots of work on improving their Tenancy website. I haven't had a good look around, but first impressions are good.

One really good thing they have done is to allow you to submit TT applications on-line. You need to register first. The online form you complete replicates the new version of printed TT forms. You can save details of your appplication then come back to it later before submitting it. You can upload all your 10-day notices, letters, rent summary, and a scanned image of your Tenancy Agreenment. And best of all - you can pay online which means you don't have to make a separate trip to the bank.

I found it very quick and easy, maybe it took me 5 minutes or so to complete the whole thing (plus time to scan the docs). I had a series of letters that I had sent to the tenant which I combined into one document, then attached that single document.

After you submit and pay, they email you a copy of the completed application in a PDF format.

We'll see how long it takes for them to turn it around now. I submitted in late Friday afternoon, so hopefully I'll hear something back early next week?
    Lisa

An update: Got a call from them today (Tues morning) from a local branch of TS asking how I paid for the application as they didn't recognise the Payment reference number.

I confirmed via online banking that I had definitely paid. They now have to go back to Porirua to see what happened.

So sounds like they have a few teething problems - hopefully it won't take long to resolve!
    Lisa

Comment

TS had a computer crash about noon Friday 18 August
      and wrong documents were being sent to TT Hearings &
      other such stuff. I was told Monday at the earliest
      before they could access any information.

Remember that to err is human but to really stuff
      things up, one needs a computer.

Comment

An update:

- Lodged 1/9
        - Received call on 5/9 to query payment
        - Received email on 12/9 to confirm mediation hearing (which is NOT what I asked for!).
        - Mediation date set for 25/9.

So... in conclusions, the technology certainly doesn't ensure a quicker turnaround!! But it does make it simpler to apply.
        Lisa

Comment

Working...
        X