Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiwi Property Investor Magazine in Receivership

As a responsible member of the Real Estate industry we wish to advise:

At 5.37pm on the 16th August 2006 Richmastery Ltd put Paper Ventures Limited the company that owns and prints the Kiwi Property Investor Magazine and Buy a Business Magazine into Receivership for unpaid debts.

Richmastery Ltd has had no involvement with the Kiwi Property Investor Magazine, Paper Ventures, its Director, David Hows or any other companies he has been associated with since October 2004. Richmastery Ltd only became a secured creditor recently.

All inquiries should be directed to the Receiver who is now in control of the Paper Ventures business which is:

Arron Heath
    Meltzer Mason Health
    Auckland

The Receiver will be in contact with advertisers and customers in due course.
    Last edited by Richmastery; 17-08-2006, 02:26 PM. Reason: .

How much of those magazines does Paper Ventures still control?

I thought Saltwater Terrace Holdings had the lions share?

Total Number of shares 10,983,883
    Saltwater Terrace Holdings 10,255,883

mmm, that's 93%

actually scratch that, I guess they just lost their money
    Last edited by cat; 17-08-2006, 03:28 PM.
    Wealth vs Health - why have both when you can gorge on one?

Comment

That's a shame - I like getting that magazine

Cheers,

Donna
      Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Like Donna I really hope that magazine can be saved. It is a fantastic read, but it looks like they have had some management issues.

I am going to make some enquiries and see if it can be resurrected relatively promptly. What I like about KPI Magazine is that it is written by property investors predominantly and not financial journalists unlike the other magazine (NZ Ppty).

Cheers
        David

Comment

For the record, most of the people involved with the NZ Property Magazine, including the editor, the designer and the writers are property investors themselves or have some involvement as investors.
          A key difference between the magazines is that NZ Property generates orginal, objective articles rather than advertorial dressed up as editorial.
          It would be nice (and professional) if people made some effort to determine the facts before making posts.
          Clearly the bulk of readers consider it the better magazine as its sales figures grow consistently and far more strongly that KPI.

Comment

Now now boys. Both mags have always been pretty good IMHO. In fact many people don't even realise that they are 2 different publications. They both do an incredible service to NZPI as they provide huge information base to us as investors they we would have to hunt down at great cost and time to ourselves. So if KPI doesn't reappear lets hope NZPI continues and improves what is already a great read.

Comment

You don't honestly think Richmastery would let the magazine die now do you?

What were all those Ds again - death, divorce, d'bank, desperation... This is a great way to force a sale at a satisfactory price. On the other hand maybe they just wanted their bills paid???

Comment

Hi Phillip

Nice to see you back on Propertytalk.

However a question for you:
                Why have you on your site, www landlords co nz, tampered with people's signatures that mentioned propertytalk.

When I went to my signature one day I was redirected back to landslords website

Funny, I thought, someone is a bit touchy about the Propertytalk Forum.

Regards
                "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by muppet View Post
                  Hi Phillip

Nice to see you back on Propertytalk.

However a question for you:
                  Why have you on your site, www landlords co nz, tampered with people's signatures that mentioned propertytalk.

When I went to my signature one day I was redirected back to landslords website
                  Are you serious!?
                  Why would anyone do that?
                  What next, groin guards!?

Comment

Hi Philip

Welcome to propertytalk and congratulations on your very first post. I too have tried to cross link propertytalk in the past in the Landlords website only to have found my post deleted or otherwise altered to remove propertytalk. That may have been a technological issue though - I cannot be certain there.

I really like your new format and appreciate that you have tried to improve editorial content, so I will give credit where it is due. There is room for two quality magazines in the market place, so long may that stand, to benefit consumers. Please accept my apologies for not appreciating that the editor and designer and some writers are investors in property. It is fantastic that they are, and I will correct this misconception held by many within my network. From a personal perspective, I particularly like John May's articles and would love to see more of his style of writing.

In my opinion Philip, it would be wonderful if you could have far more content from the local property investors associations. On talking to several dedicated PropertyTalk members and colleagues on the APIA Board and fellow members, we feel that NZ ppty magazine should really back the local property investor associations that do so much fantastic work for all property investors. We are only talking a couple more pages each issue, and this little bit more abundance would not go amiss. One would say that your subscriber may even go up, and therefore advertising revenue increaing etcetera. Just a thought?

Anyway we are looking forward to seeing you more regularly in the PT forums, and hearing your response about more pages for local PIAs.

Rgds
                    David
                    Last edited by David_W; 18-08-2006, 03:42 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Hi Philip.
                      Welcome to PT.

Hopefully Kpi can survive as I feel that and NZ prop mag are both worthwhile reading.

Comment

I seem to remember that this has happenned before, with the compnay that owned the magazine folding, but then the maasthead etc sold to a new company - does anyone have the details of this?

Is this a serial magazine?

Comment

What an intriguing and eye opening thread... so here are my thoughts.

advertorial dressed up as editorial
                          Philip we all know your mag has been fiercly competitive with KPI (and I must say your mag has given them a good run for their money!), but it's not becoming to kick someone when they are down... there are others who lower themselves to do that, you don't need to join them.

P.S. Keep up the good work with the mag, it's certainly come a long way in a short time, well done!

In my opinion Philip, it would be wonderful if you could have far more content from the local property investors associations. On talking to several dedicated PropertyTalk members and colleagues on the APIA Board and fellow members, we feel that NZ ppty magazine should really back the local property investor associations that do so much fantastic work for all property investors.
                          Of course David, you would love to see far more content from PIA's, and PIA board members. You sit on the APIA board so it makes sense you wish to get more exposure for APIA and I'm not against that at all, I am a lifetime member after all!

But already the mag has substantial input from PIA people with their own dedicated columns every month and occassional articles plus the entire section dedicated to the PIAs around the country.

Whilst the mag is the official NZPIF publication it would seriously be a shame to see it de-generate into a pure Association mag.

The PIA's do offer great networking and support for investors (I should know I was one of the original founders of APIA in 1995 along with APIA's 1st president Steve Sturgess and fellow founder Peter Pountney) but the mags content should be ruled by quality and relevancy not just articles for the sake of who writes them.

Of course ANYONE is free to present quality content to any media and if it's good enough it gets printed, if it's not it's binned (or thats the way the biggest media work anyway). Interestingly the NZ Herald recently emailed all their writing staff insisting on 'balance' in articles without writing from vested interests.
                          They obviously 'grapple' with this issue too.

Successful publications are ALL ABOUT GOOD CONTENT not vested interests and good content should never be determined by who the writers represent (OR how much they pay to have their content printed or quid pro quo for advertising etc,etc,etc and that type of publishing will only damage our entire industry instead of bringing cohesion).

As an author I can say that writing excellent copy is extremely hard work and not every article gets published (nor should it for the sake of it).

Long live a GENUINELY independent and unbiased property publication!
                          Kieran Trass

Comment

If there is any in the air as there appears to be, I have a perverse, perhaps human, interest in threads with high voltage electricity in some of the posts.

But, to go off at a tangent, I thought that you did not mention other sites on another similar site, unless there was very good reason to and if it was clearly not in a competative way. I would be reluctant, for example, to go onto the landlords.co.nz site and mention propertyTalk.com without very good reason. It's like being invited into somebody's house and talking endlessly about the neighbours' house over the round, ignoring your guest's home.

Perhaps this is just me.

xris
                            Last edited by xris; 18-08-2006, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by xris View Post
                              But, to go off at a tangent, I thought that you did not mention other sites on another similar site, unless there was very good reason to and if it was clearly not in a competative way.
                              xris, you're right, with the exception of signature links which are sacrosanct

Comment

Working...
                              X