Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Pregnant woman as a tenant

Hello all,

We have just been talking to a pregnant lady who was telling us that due to her current state (pregnant) she is finding it hard to locate a rental.

We would be interested in anyones thoughts on this. Is a pregnant woman a negative for landlords? If so why?

For me personally I would leap at the chance since most women "nest" after giving birth.

Cheers

Marc
    Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

It depends... is it the landlord's baby?
    You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Ha! Now thats funny!

Cheers

Marc
      Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

Comment

Marc

I tend to agree with your thoughts that new mums are more interested in staying put and would be more likely to be looking for a place to stay for some time rather than moving.

Tamara
        You don't know how great things are until you loose it.

Comment

Hi Marc

As long as they agreed to have the carpets cleaned etc (babys have mishaps - so they tell me) and have a form of income to pay the rent then I would have no problem taking on a pregnant woman as a tenant.

If it is a WINZ case or Centrelink (the Aussie version of WINZ) then it may be a different story.
          See past threads on this scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by inzvestor
            If it is a WINZ case or Centrelink (the Aussie version of WINZ) then it may be a different story.
            Winz will pay rents directly on application (& criteria being met). This is a recent change, read more at: http://www.beehive.govt.nz/ViewDocum...cumentID=17628
            Wealth vs Health - why have both when you can gorge on one?

Comment

Working...
            X