No announcement yet.

Being logged off and losing posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had the new posts problem a few days ago. I logged out and logged in again and it was fine. Give it a try.

cheers,
    Dave.
    You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Originally posted by sarahk
      When you login you get the option to check a "remember me" flag - and you're all doing that right?
      uh, no missed that one

Sarah, I noticed A LOT more members logged on today, I wonder if this little gem of advice has had an effect?

Any way of checking that?

G
      Premium Villa Holidays in Turkey

Comment

Hi I'm having the new posts not showing up as read problem too.

David
        New to property investing? See: Best PropertyTalk Threads for New and Old Investors And/Or:Propertytalk Wiki

Comment

A workaround

Hi,

I've had the login thing happena few times, i get around it by reentering my logon details when it prompts and letting it process that THEN using the back button to go back to the unsaved post, at this point i just submit it again and presto it thinks ive been logged in all along.

seems to work consistantly (in firefox anyway, not sure about IE tho )

cheers
          R

Comment

Marc and Donna get the final say on whether this change is ok so your feedback to them and me is required...

I've changed the settings to what I've found really good on other forums - and it is a big change...

When you view new forum posts you'll see at some point
            The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts.
            For now I've set it to include any threads from the last 7 days. Above the line is truly new, below is newish but unread.

But that's unrelated to the logout problem...
            Charging enough rent?
            NZ Scams to Avoid
            Add a sleepout to your rental property

Comment

Excellent Work SarahK

.....and no doubt we'll get to the bottom of that log out issue - technology is a wonderful thing

Cheers,

Donna
              Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Problems??!!

I don't know whether it is just my computer, but I've noticed strange things happening on the wetsite lately.
                When I click on a New Post and read it, when I've finished it doesn't go "grey" anymore (indicating that its been read) and I'm getting a second half of the new post page which says "The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts."

Some of these posts I don't want to read and there's no way of making the d****d things disappear!

Is it possible to have a radio button attached to a post that you can click on/off, so if you didn't wish to read that post, it wouldn't keep coming up all the time.

Also when you've read a thread and click on "View First Unread" it takes you to the beginning of the thread - and I KNOW I've read some of these threads.

Thanks heaps

P.S. By the time I got around to reading all the posts, these comments had been posted. Just ignore me.
                Last edited by essence; 24-07-2006, 03:01 PM.
                Patience is a virtue.

Comment

Originally posted by essence
                  Is it possible to have a radio button attached to a post that you can click on/off, so if you didn't wish to read that post, it wouldn't keep coming up all the time.
                  Quick links tab at top has a option to mark all posts as read.

I have found adjustments to site in last few days are good now. I can go away for days and come back, read some posts & mark rest as read. Works great once again.

Comment

Working...
                  X