• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What is rich??

Hi Guys

Someone once said that money allows them to pay someone to do the jobs that they hate doing.

Now, was it RK that said that?

Regards
    "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Sounds like the reason behind the debate on illegal immigration in the good ol' U.S. of A. at the moment!
    DFTBA

I chose a monastic existence requiring very low expenditure for five years of my adult life. Pleasure was taken in simple things, partly because simple things were all I had access to.
    Was it any better than my life now? No - it was just a different existence. All existences have their joys and limitations.
    For now I choose to live with a more full utilization of my business abilities and the resulting nurture that can offer my extended family.
    The great thing for me about modern western life is the ability to continually evolve - and to do things now that can fund another period of retreat in my life, when I choose or am forced through some change in circumstance to do that again.

When you have a little money...it controls you.

When you have too much money...it also controls you.

There’s a point in the middle somewhere ...where you get free.

what's that inscription on the top of the ancient temple of Delphi...?

“Est modus in rebus”

Moderation in all things.

(including moderation)

here is agreat quote again from Mr Buffet that iread eysterday in the independent, UK. in context of just giving $31 Billion to Bill gates charity the biggest charitable gift ever

"A very rich Person" as Buffet put it "should leave his kids enough to do anything, but not enough to do NOTHING !"

Love it great words, every human needs to have a challenge, brings down the great fallacy of kyoski retire rich retire young, what are you actually contributing to the planet if you inyour mindset have retired, then you start to become a consumer of resources without putting anythign back, which is fine if you are physically and mentally of an age where you need to but not if you are in your mid 30's

notice more of the taking syndrome here in the UK than in good ole kiwiland where your upbringing kiwistyle is a bit more about go out and get it for yourself. mind you if it weret for the average lazy mifddleclass brit then thousands of kiwis wouldnt have funded there european travels and first steps on the property ladder.

keep smiling all
    Kia kaha

Thread Information