Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good accountant in Chch

Hello forum-ites,

does anyone know a decent accountant in Chch? I run three small businesses including an LAQC so need someone that understands property investment but also small business in general.

Any help much appreciated.

Welcome and an interesting name, especially coming as it does today. I though Keith Park may have been more apt though.

xris
    Last edited by xris; 25-04-2006, 09:21 PM.

Comment

colin bomba harris, welcome to PT.
      You can give Chch property investor assotiation a ring, they will recommend some (sorry, dont have names and addresses handy) http://www.cpia.co.nz/
      My accountant must be good (just started but know some cool people are clients of his). Not sure if he's taking more at present, will ask him and get back to you in couple of days.
      xris - what was the point of your post? was it just to introduce new PT member to your variety of "sence of humor"? in the past you at least tried to say something useful along the way too, eh?
      Don't argue with idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Hello Ivanhoe,

Well I suppose it was in a way. I thought it was mildly amusing, as I still do, in much the same way as Colin might have thought it mildly amusing to call himself Bomba Harris.

Having said that, I must stress that I am not in any way trying to mock Arthur Harris or Keith Park, both of whom I hold in the highest possible regard.

I am both glad and grateful that you at least can see an attempt at a sence of humor in some of my posts.

xris
        Last edited by xris; 25-04-2006, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Hi Colin

Check out a previous thread, it offers several names.

http://www.propertytalk.com/forum/sh...rch+accountant

Comment

Re

Hi Colin,

I am a dual qualified Chartered Accountant and Registered Property Valuer operating in Christchurch and have worked for a number of years as a property investment analyst. Would be interested in talking with you further.

Regards
            Blair

Comment

Am in need of same...

... (excellent tax accountant in chch) so if anyone is PMing Colin, please PM me too!

By the way, I've been blown away by the difference in charges between the two accountants I have already spoken to. One (a company) was recommended to me by a property investor acquaintance, and one (an individual) by a real estate agent from whom I bought a property (who said she was not happy with her present accountant and had had this guy recommended to HER) - interestingly, the former was way more expensive than the latter. Wish I felt I could mention names here, any feedback on either/or would be useful, especially as the latter individual SEEMED to be pretty good...

Cheers

Comment

These are the three that members of the CPIA have offered as recommendations:

Steve McKee 358 7412

Greg Richards of Richards Financial Services
                357 9947 or 025 226 9724

Philip Stockbridge 337 4677

Comment

Hi all,

thanks for all the replies. Really helpful.

By the way, Colin Bomba Harris doesnt have anything to do with
                  Arthur Harris or Keith Park. It is the name of a character from Monty Pythons Flying Circus who is very good at performing wrestling matches against himself.

See

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_%...mber%22_Harris

Comment

Working...
                  X