Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capital Gains Tax? Keep related posts in this thread, please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacinda Ardern's idea of government is revolutionary

Last edited by eri; 18-04-2019, 03:23 PM.
    have you defeated them?
    your demons

Comment

• fundamentally

national believe in following public opinion....evolution

labour believe in leading public opinion.....revolution
      This is just opinion.
      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• Jacinda Ardern's idea of government is revolutionary

vs.
        We believe in the maximum degree of personal freedom and the maximum degree of individual choice for our people.

We believe in the least interference necessary with individual rights, and the least possible degree of state interference.
        [47]

In a 1959 speech, party leader and Prime Minister
        Keith Holyoake encapsulated the conservative and liberal principles of the National Party:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_National_Party

Last edited by eri; 18-04-2019, 03:35 PM.
        have you defeated them?
        your demons

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
          Who's trolling? Maybe you are just a narrow thinker?
          The TWG came up with more than a CGT for their money - the rest is still being worked through.
          Labour campaigned on a CGT, among other things, but the realities of MMP is that they could get this over the line. Why would anyone go down the track of creating leglislation that would have no hope of getting passed (if they don't have party support)?
          Also, it appears that a majority of the country doesn't agree with it so the pragmatic and sensible approach is to can it. Anything else would be pure ideological zealotry (and she has shown that is something she isn't (though many here would accuse her of that)).
          Simple - I'm sure you can grasp that?
          You're trolling. And as such I'm not gonna continue this pointless argument. As I see you moved to personal insults so there's no winning of your delusions.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlFa View Post
            You're trolling. And as such I'm not gonna continue this pointless argument. As I see you moved to personal insults so there's no winning of your delusions.
            Fair enough - easy way out when you don't have an answer.

Comment

• Utter Waste of Money

Originally posted by Wayne View Post
              Labour campaigned on a CGT, among other things, but the realities of MMP is that they could [not] get this over the line.
              That, I can grasp.

What I cannot grasp is Comrade Commissar Cullen not blushing as he banked his share of the millions of taxpayer dollars spent on a totally wasted groupfest.

And Taxcindarella should be equally as embarrassed by that profligate spend-up of taxpayers' funds, for absolutely nothing.

Taxcindarella and Comrade Cullen must've known that a CGT would never get past Winston First.

Comment

• The CGT wasn't the only suggestion to come out of the TWG, but it was the most newsworthy. And therefore the easiest to generate money making advertising space amongst the publishers distributions. Now it's dead watch for the second most newsworthy suggestion it start a whole new panic fest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                  Fair enough - easy way out when you don't have an answer.
                  You're trolling, Wayne.
                  Or playing devils advocate to an unrealistic level.
                  I think Winston should get mentioned in our honours list - 'Sir Winston Peters' is a fitting reward for his contribution to NZ.

Comment

• Topic not the person

Hey, let's focus on the topic please and not the person!

thanks

Donna
                    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

• Originally posted by donna View Post
                      Hey, let's focus on the topic please and not the person!

www.3888444.co.nz
                      Facebook Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
                        That, I can grasp.

What I cannot grasp is Comrade Commissar Cullen not blushing as he banked his share of the millions of taxpayer dollars spent on a totally wasted groupfest.

And Taxcindarella should be equally as embarrassed by that profligate spend-up of taxpayers' funds, for absolutely nothing.

Taxcindarella and Comrade Cullen must've known that a CGT would never get past Winston First.
                        Interesting perspective from Cullen
                        'Vested interests' sank Capital Gains Tax idea

COMMENT: All not lost in pursuit of fairer society, says former Tax Working Group's head.

Comment

• ^

cullen on peters

and strangely enough

on fairness

"It seems likely that the option of a CGT limited to rental property (as suggested by the minority on the Tax Working Group)
                          was the position Labour was moving to before the final decision by New Zealand First was delivered.

In that regard I find myself strangely indebted to Peters as I would have found it difficult to welcome such a narrowly based CGT.

It is hard to understand why those renting out properties, a necessary part of the housing market

should be singled out from all others who benefit from the largely unearned increment derived from the almost inexorable rise in land prices."
                          have you defeated them?
                          your demons

Comment

• I don't think Cullen is the zealot that some make him out to be.

Comment

• Where Does One Start?

"capital income taxation" - Cullen trying to re-frame the discussion, away from using the word 'gains' being mostly inflation that he did not want to exempt.

"But to exempt homes other than the family home, would have left an unfair and far too limited a range of assets in the net."

- if the family home was on a farm, used as an office, or the like, it was not exempt.

"The fact is that the vested interests . . . were . . . not too careful with the truth at times . . ."

Always be suspicious of statements that start: "The fact is . . . '

As for "not too careful with the truth," how does Comrade Commissar Cullen see family homes being exempt (as promised) but some not (as not mentioned) as anything other than being "not too careful with the truth?"

I have heard that Comrade Commissar Cullen is a residential rental man, too, through a Trust.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
                                I have heard that Comrade Commissar Cullen is a residential rental man, too, through a Trust.
                                So he wouldn't want a CGT?

Comment

Working...
                                X