• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 245 of 248 FirstFirst ... 145 195 235 243 244 245 246 247 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,450 of 2471

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    That, I can grasp.

What I cannot grasp is Comrade Commissar Cullen not blushing as he banked his share of the millions of taxpayer dollars spent on a totally wasted groupfest.

And Taxcindarella should be equally as embarrassed by that profligate spend-up of taxpayers' funds, for absolutely nothing.

Taxcindarella and Comrade Cullen must've known that a CGT would never get past Winston First.
    Interesting perspective from Cullen
    'Vested interests' sank Capital Gains Tax idea

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/opinion/n...ectid=12224277

^

cullen on peters

and strangely enough

on fairness

"It seems likely that the option of a CGT limited to rental property (as suggested by the minority on the Tax Working Group)
    was the position Labour was moving to before the final decision by New Zealand First was delivered.

In that regard I find myself strangely indebted to Peters as I would have found it difficult to welcome such a narrowly based CGT.

It is hard to understand why those renting out properties, a necessary part of the housing market

should be singled out from all others who benefit from the largely unearned increment derived from the almost inexorable rise in land prices."
    have you defeated them?
    your demons

I don't think Cullen is the zealot that some make him out to be.

Default Where Does One Start?

"capital income taxation" - Cullen trying to re-frame the discussion, away from using the word 'gains' being mostly inflation that he did not want to exempt.

"But to exempt homes other than the family home, would have left an unfair and far too limited a range of assets in the net."

- if the family home was on a farm, used as an office, or the like, it was not exempt.

"The fact is that the vested interests . . . were . . . not too careful with the truth at times . . ."

Always be suspicious of statements that start: "The fact is . . . '

As for "not too careful with the truth," how does Comrade Commissar Cullen see family homes being exempt (as promised) but some not (as not mentioned) as anything other than being "not too careful with the truth?"

I have heard that Comrade Commissar Cullen is a residential rental man, too, through a Trust.

With all the Draconian new laws for residential rental LLs, perhaps AirBnB would be better? To avoid any hassle in Hawke's Bay, consult Be My Hostess. Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    I have heard that Comrade Commissar Cullen is a residential rental man, too, through a Trust.
    So he wouldn't want a CGT?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    His surrogate PI status is an unsubstantiated bit of info.

However, with a certain expected outcome, [nudge, wink] he was paid a thousand dollars a day now for a pointless grouptalkfest, plus a golden parachute to follow. That should more than offset any possible future CGT, shouldn't it?
    With all the Draconian new laws for residential rental LLs, perhaps AirBnB would be better? To avoid any hassle in Hawke's Bay, consult Be My Hostess. Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    He never introduced one when he had the chance in government.
    Funny how he changed his opinion on CGT when he retired from politics.

Right Bob... not to mention the CGT would disproportionately impact the young as the older you are the more tax free gain you could have (or have) made. Me for instance have made on paper at least millions of tax free gains, while the you guy or gal starting under a CGT will have to make 30% more profit to achieve the same result driven ONLY by the tax payable.

This cullen fella... he's a young bloke right? one who is willing to take the same impact of the tax he suggests on the chin and cop it like all others?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Kane View Post
    He never introduced one when he had the chance in government.
    Comrade Commissar Cullen probably had more regard to Lange's "lose this election and the next however many" on his mind and how it would have an adverse impact on his pay.

It seems Jacinda wants to stay as PM hence she canned the CGT proposal.
    This has upset many of her loyal devotees.
    What can a millenium (aged between 23 and 38) do besides chant a few 'it's only fair' slogans?
    Last edited by Perry; 26-04-2019 at 10:56 PM. Reason: fixed typo

Thread Information