No announcement yet.

Wellington City Council now want you to finance their low cost housing repairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wellington City Council now want you to finance their low cost housing repairs

Not sure who has seen this today, but it really does for me bring a head to ask the question:

Just what mandate should the WCC have to determine "essential" or "core" services?

They have promised their renters a "no increase" year, and I would then ask was that promised before or after the healthy homes initiatives were enacted that are being given as the excuse for potentially passing costs onto you, and to me. It is a serious question for a legal challenge.

We are all "cash strapped" when considering real-time incoming and outgoings (unrelated to actual balance sheets) and so why should sub-optimal budgeting by a government body become the liability of a set group of people (Wellington renters and landlords who do not have any connection with WCC housing).

Just shift the cost of Government stupidity onto rate payers.
    What's yet another parasite to feed for the few remaining workers?
    Thanks comrades.
    The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

Yeah it's quite ironic the biggest slumlord is the state and they have of course opted out of the tenancy amendments and they have more favourable timeframes for compliance with HH.

One finger pointing at us, three fingers pointing back at them.

cheers,

Donna
      Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Last year Wellington CC announced it was requiring tenants to produce bank statements as part of the annual tenancy review. There is a rent 30% subsidy but this can decrease depending on income and assets. Or tenants can be required to move out. Some tenants complained bitterly in the media. I wonder why.

Council housing is supposed to pay its own way, but these days doesn't. Someone has to foot the difference. I wonder who.

Comment

If you give a mouse a cookie...
          The village idiots have gotten elected it seems.
          The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

Rates increase leads to 'cost justified' rent increased which based on yield leads to capital price appreciation... so you pay $5/wk, rent increases of $10 results in capital appreciation of $10k

Comment

Working...
            X