Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum residing requirements in order to use kiwisaver to buy a house

I have the opportunity to either

Buy a property as an investment property, pay 30% deposit for the mortgage and immediately turn it into a rental - losing access to my kiwisaver for a deposit

OR

rent out the main house and occupy the sleep out for the initial 6 months, so as to be living on the property but not soley paying the mortgage
    - BUT this would involve a serious amount of commuting and stress, so I really need to establish the minimum requirements that allow me to claim it is my main residence and be living there under whatever conditions need to be satisfied inorder for me to use my kiwisaver (would also get the homestart grant) and buy the property with a 20% deposit - but also be able to stay with family much closer to work when neccessary in order to reduce stress on myself

The only stipulation I can find is that you must intend to live on the property and live on the property for atleast 6months, inorder to use kiwisaver for a deposit and to claim the home start grant, but what qualifies as living on a property - ya know?

After all that, your last sentence says it all to me. You are either living there or not.

Kiwibank won't give a toss to your stress of commuting etc that you bring on yourself so you can achieve what you want to do.

I can't see it is realistic without a "But" in there somewhere.

Comment

Working...
    X