Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer of mortgage - lawyer requesting Pre-Settlement disclosure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer of mortgage - lawyer requesting Pre-Settlement disclosure?

Hi all,

Looking to transfer my mortgage from ASB to Westpac (I have moved my mortgages before, but never to Westpac) and my lawyer is asking for a pre-settlement disclosure on the apartment.

I have never been asked for a pre-settlement disclosure before, and do not know why this is being requested. I have outlined that I have not had this requested before (I have gone back to this lawyer, after using a different lawyer the previous move) however there has been no further clarity on why this is being requested. The cost is quite substantial ($575 in this case) so as you can all understand I would like to avoid this cost.

Has anyone had this come up before? I cannot see anywhere this being a regular request, nor does the purpose of pre-settlement disclosure meet the task of transferring mortgages held by the same entity with ASB over to an agreement with the same entity and Westpac.

Thank you all.

Hi

My understanding is if any property in a Body Corporate management situation a pre-settlement disclosure from the Body Corporate is a must and this in place for a long time and not something new.

Comment

Originally posted by saleemn View Post
      Hi

My understanding is if any property in a Body Corporate management situation a pre-settlement disclosure from the Body Corporate is a must and this in place for a long time and not something new.
      Thank you for your response Saleemn, this would be in a situation where no property is being sold - it is simply moving one mortgage from bank A to bank B, the owner of the mortgage (signee) being the same person/entity?

Comment

No this is the situation for taking a new loan or refinance. In case of refinance as far as the bank is concerned it is a new lending and wants to make sure there are no issues with body corporate like weather tightness issue or any arrears in the body corporate levies etc.

Comment

Originally posted by saleemn View Post
          No this is the situation for taking a new loan or refinance. In case of refinance as far as the bank is concerned it is a new lending and wants to make sure there are no issues with body corporate like weather tightness issue or any arrears in the body corporate levies etc.
          I understand where they are coming from, however this can be achieved via body corporate minutes from the previous AGM and a balance of payments from the body corporate - the Pre-settlement disclosure carries cost with it which if they are simply trying to confirm that there are no water-tightness or structural issues with the building and that BC levies are up to date then surely it is OTT.

I suppose, rules are rules. I will proceed and arrange for the extortionately priced pre-settlement disclosure.

Comment

It should not cost more than $250-$300

Comment

Working...
            X